(arguably) small suggestion for the new wireless logic

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    So I watched Bench's new video on the logic stuffs, and it all seems really solid. However the wireless logic seems to be missing a key feature that would make it perfect. Don't get me wrong, its great at what it was originally added for, however there is so much more potential.

Would be nice if we had a wireless logic computer. Something that allows us to name our wireless modules, and set them to public/faction/private.

Private ones would work exactly like they do in this video

Public ones would be visible on other peoples wireless logic computers, or maybe the nav menu, and allow them to trigger that module remotely without having to link manually.

Faction would be the same as public, but only allow factioned ships to do it.

This would allow things like remotely opening station hangars and such so you can come in to land, without needing to link to each entity you need to dock too. This would solve the issue of no longer being able to use the docking beam to open doors, since they will probably be made out of hull now, and allow so much more.

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    This would allow things like remotely opening station hangars and such so you can come in to land, without needing to link to each entity you need to dock too. This would solve the issue of no longer being able to use the docking beam to open doors, since they will probably be made out of hull now, and allow so much more.
    Remotely controlled garage doors in space? Do want.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Or, you could just hook up an activation module (On the door or the main structure) and hit that with the docking... er, activation beam.

...But yeah, I agree.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    This is absolutely something wireless systems needs. As it stands, using an activation button with a docking beam is bugged, and can only be done to blocks that are public or in your own faction. Using permission modules does not work.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    This is absolutely something wireless systems needs. As it stands, using an activation button with a docking beam is bugged, and can only be done to blocks that are public or in your own faction. Using permission modules does not work.
    ...And what makes you think that fixing this bug is harder than adding an entirely new feature? Seems to me that the obvious course of action is to just fix the bug, then consider new features like this later...

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    The reasons why this needs to be implemented are already in the OP, I am merely adding fuel to the flame.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    TBH, i would even go so far and say a numeric based system combined with a Private/Faction/Public toggle would be the most awesome thing that could happen to wireless logic.
    Heck an GUI to name and browse all your Private and Faction wireless logic frequenzies would just be the icing on the cake.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    Instead of linked modules (with C + V), only named modules.
    And if there are multiple Wireless logic blocks with the same name in Range, apply the signal to all of them.

=> Drone killswitch
    => Remote Hangar Doors
    => Dockable control centres, compatible to all your stations/ships

The Range should be one or two sectors.