Arenas!

Reaction score
    Listen, I know this game is mostly based on multiplayer with incidental single player, but I think the arenas were great fun to watch (The livestream) and they would be a good way to make credits or even rare parts while having fun. Same rules, 2 mins with a few blocks to build your ship before you go into the fire!

Arenas will be procedurally-generated to mix up the fun and range from total openess to tight mazes for that extra challenge. Don't worry too much about dying, a plexundeathinator has been placed at the entrance for your use. But you won't need it right? RIGHT?

There would be the problem with how to deal with people blasting out of the arena, maybe a fine for exiting the arena (sorry kid, you signed away the red tape.) or temporary indistructa-blocks.

Let me know what you think.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    As a (hacky) solution to indestructium-blocks, just give the ship hp - as a single entity - which have the sum of all block-hp. You lose your ship (/destroy_entity) if you have 0 hp.

You could use not-salvageable planets for arenas. Just give them a faction-module and make every block re-appear after some time if no player is close to it.

I guess, you don\'t have planet destroyers? It should not lagg too much then.

A simple solution to players bumping out of the arena would be:

1. A wall around the arena.
    2. Disable +y accelleration after some +y distance since you touched any +y block face

Maybe also enable a stuck-command which teleports you out if you don\'t receive damage and don\'t move further away from your current position (more than 2-3 blocks) for 3-5 seconds.