Are you able to use LAN?

Reaction score
    Hey,

Does anyone know if you can use LAN to play together? Like in Mincraft where you open up a singleplayer world and then just click open to LAN and everyone who is on the same WiFi can connect?

Novalar

Reaction score
    Although I have not tested this myself, there shouldn't be any problems with setting it up. If everyone is connected to the same network, using your local IP should work. You can also have the server up and have people connect to your external IP provided your port is open for the port you're using (default is 4242 but can be changed).

Reaction score
    So if I open a singleplayer world other people on my network should be able to connect to it with the localhost:4242?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    No, localhost:4242 points to the computer you're using. You'll need to find the local IPv4 address.

eg: My pc on my home network is 192.168.0.34

Reaction score
    Okay, so if I find my local IPv4 address other people can join? (sorry I'm really bad at these things ;) )

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Yes. Open command prompt and punch in "ipconfig" without the quotation marks. I'll throw back a bunch of info, including your IPv4