Are there any no-blueprints servers remaining?

Reaction score
    So I used to be an avid Starmade player, back when there were a fair number of no-blueprints servers. I quite enjoyed the experience more than normal Starmade servers, as it put more emphasis on building ships and far more value on individual ships themselves. Over time though, the basic no-blueprints servers died out one by one, and then only hardcore servers were left without blueprints, followed by none at all. It seems as though the closest one can get nowadays is local blueprints servers, which are still too abuseable.

So does anybody know of any remaining no-blueprints servers? If there are none, would anybody with the proper equipment or sustainable income be inspired enough to make one? Is there anyone else here badly missing those servers? Am I asking too many questions?

Reaction score
    • Railman
    • Wired for Logic
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    i think what you may find is that crafting has been streamlined so well that blueprint crafting is the most sensible way to do things. it allows you generate good cannon fodder and get in the scrap if you have the production in line, without relying on shops.

is no-blueprint play possible? sure, i guess the question is the interest level vs. the other exciting things in the game that can only be accessed in a blueprint-friendly environment. a no-blueprint setup sounds most exciting to me in a time-limited setting where teams of players would have to mine, craft and build ships to fight one another in a limited amount of time, ready set go scenario.

Reaction score
    considering that blueprints can no longer be used to 'spawn ships easily with nothing but money' I don't really see the point of blueprint-free servers

Reaction score
    The point of blueprint free servers places more emphasis and time on ship construction, making individual ships even more precious. However, Starmade seems to have come far enough that I'm finding a good local blueprints server can suffice.