Are Recipes Broken?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    As the title suggests, I can't set how many blocks it takes to level up a recipe. When I set the number in the server settings then start up the server and game and buy a new recipe it still says i't will take 6400 to level the recipe up. I currently have it set to 800 crafted blocks to level up, but I'm not seeing that in-game, I'm still seeing 6400. Does anyone know how to fix this problem

Reaction score
    when you set the amount of blocks to level up when you exited of the cfg file did you save the changes if no that's your problem lol if not I cant help you I never experienced that kind of problem sorry.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Yes I save the settings before I close it, And I even reset the universe to see if that would fix the problem, but that didn't work either.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    I'd recommend buying a new recipe with the modified server.cfg. I'm wondering if that will fix it.

Reaction score
    Yes I save it the settings after before I close it, And I even reset the universe to see if that would fix the problem, but that didn't work either.
    ok then I honestly have no clue you could try reinstalling the game and if you have a bunch of ships you don't want to lose I recommend creating a backup by copy and pasting all your ships into a folder that isn't located in your starmade folder.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Okay, after doing quite a few tests (deleting the game files and re-downloading them) I was able to set the level up amount for the recipes on the fresh install of Starmade but it seems to default back to 6400 when I restart the server. I also found out that if I level up the recipe to around level 3, it will keep it's level some times after server restart.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    Couple of questions.
    1. Is it just a cosmetic only? That is, do they still level up regardless, or do they still require 6400?
    2. What kind of OS are you running?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Answer to 1: They still require 6400 to level up, it's not cosmetic.

Answer to 2: Sadly I'm running it under windows 8.1 (can't seem to get it to run right in Ubuntu at the moment)

Reaction score
    The Factory System is broken at the moment anyways. Please make sure that you delete your client's cache before testing anything. The OS should not have much influence.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    The Factory System is broken at the moment anyways. Please make sure that you delete your client's cache before testing anything. The OS should not have much influence.
    Mac OSX computers have a slew of bugs not present on windows architectures.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Answer to 1: They still require 6400 to level up, it's not cosmetic.

Answer to 2: Sadly I'm running it under windows 8.1 (can't seem to get it to run right in Ubuntu at the moment)
    odd I run windows 8.1 and it works fine for me...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Sorry about taking so long to reply, things kinda got busy. I was able to get some testing done on Ubuntu and found that the recipes will keep the correct levels in single player mode. Seems like there is a bug somewhere between the client and host. seems like when the server is shut down it defaults all the recipes back to level 1 with 6400 needed to level them up, if anyone could reproduce this would help.

(the steps I took to get here are as fallows. First I made a new server, then start the server to create the default server.cfg, then I shut down the server and edit the server.cfg, and I change the "RECIPE_LEVEL_AMOUNT" from the default 4000 to 1000 then save the newly edited sfg, and I start the game and reset the universe and clear the client cache. I then start the server, and a new client, buy a recipe of some black hull and white hull both saying 0 blocks needed to level them up but when I start to make blocks from the black hull recipe it changes from 0 to 1600. I level the black hull recipe to level 2 and then close the game client. and then restart the server, when I relaunch the game client and start the game I find that the black hull recipe has reset to level 1 and needing 6400 to level it up, now the white hull will change from 0 needed to lvl the recipe to 1600, but when I put the white hull recipe in factory it changes from 1600 to 6400 needed to level up.)

Once again, sorry for taking to long to reply.

PS: I have attached my server.cfg to this post.

Attachments

Reaction score
    Sorry about taking so long to reply, things kinda got busy. I was able to get some testing done on Ubuntu and found that the recipes will keep the correct levels in single player mode. Seems like there is a bug somewhere between the client and host. seems like when the server is shut down it defaults all the recipes back to level 1 with 6400 needed to level them up, if anyone could reproduce this would help.

(the steps I took to get here are as fallows. First I made a new server, then start the server to create the default server.cfg, then I shut down the server and edit the server.cfg, and I change the "RECIPE_LEVEL_AMOUNT" from the default 4000 to 1000 then save the newly edited sfg, and I start the game and reset the universe and clear the client cache. I then start the server, and a new client, buy a recipe of some black hull and white hull both saying 0 blocks needed to level them up but when I start to make blocks from the black hull recipe it changes from 0 to 1600. I level the black hull recipe to level 2 and then close the game client. and then restart the server, when I relaunch the game client and start the game I find that the black hull recipe has reset to level 1 and needing 6400 to level it up, now the white hull will change from 0 needed to lvl the recipe to 1600, but when I put the white hull recipe in factory it changes from 1600 to 6400 needed to level up.)

Once again, sorry for taking to long to reply.

PS: I have attached my server.cfg to this post.
    since its a bug the devs are currently working on fixing the issue the current build is very buggy so this bug might not been fixed for a while so I recommend to just wait it out like I am with the cpu usage issue the game currently has :) anyways that's all I got to help you because that's realy all I can think of no matter what you do it wont change anything its all up to the devs now so just wait it out.