Are PMs bugged?

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Just wondering if there was something funky going on with the site's chat PMs. I don't see to get any notifications from it at all unless it is popped out, which I don't like to do because it adds an extra window I have to shuffle through.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    It's been doing that to me as well. I also get messages from like a week ago coming in.

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Just wondering if there was something funky going on with the site's chat PMs. I don't see to get any notifications from it at all unless it is popped out, which I don't like to do because it adds an extra window I have to shuffle through.
    Is this the chat bar down below?

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Is this the chat bar down below?
    Aye, the chat bar at the bottom while viewing the forums. It doesn't seem to notify me of any PMs at all anymore, I'd randomly tell it to pop out and get a pm from days ago.

Reaction score
    Everything is bugged, always and constantly. Devs fix something and another thing pops right up, like some sorta messed up whack a mole

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Everything is bugged, always and constantly. Devs fix something and another thing pops right up, like some sorta messed up whack a mole
    'cept SMD seems to be playing it on extreme mode :P

Reaction score
    Chats crap, use IRC, I told you all so.

Anyway, i'll take a look into it, no guarantees, as I said before, chat is crap :p
    Well there ya have it, no BS explanation right from the man himself. Thread over I'd say. Chat's alright, not quite crap, not quite full on shit, but also not good either.

Add it to the neverending list of to-do's lads.

Reactions: Ithirahad

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Chat upright fried today, eh DukeofRealms
    Upright broke in the sense you had to reload the page every 10 seconds because it would not display any new messages after it initially loaded (your messages still got sent, but no one else could see them until they reloaded as well).

It's getting to that point where I would have to say it's better to just disable it. You couldn't block, you couldn't PM without announcing it on chat so that they knew, and now you can't even talk without reloading (Temporary maybe, but still). I mean god damn it, it's hard to talk or even help people with such a chat.

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Chat upright fried today, eh DukeofRealms
    Upright broke in the sense you had to reload the page every 10 seconds because it would not display any new messages after it initially loaded (your messages still got sent, but no one else could see them until they reloaded as well).

It's getting to that point where I would have to say it's better to just disable it. You couldn't block, you couldn't PM without announcing it on chat so that they knew, and now you can't even talk without reloading (Temporary maybe, but still). I mean god damn it, it's hard to talk or even help people with such a chat.
    I've been away for those few days, would have responded faster if I could.

It turns out the service that has been hoisting our chat has failed us. I will be looking into a solution, it may force us to change our chat system.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I've been away for those few days, would have responded faster if I could.

It turns out the service that has been hoisting our chat has failed us. I will be looking into a solution, it may force us to change our chat system.
    Would it be possible to post something official to notify people of this temporarily then? The Chat and forum regulars are aware for the most part, but not new players or those just here looking for help (Game wise, not technical). Would give off a bad impression if it looked as though they were ignored/chat is inactive. Might just be me worrying, and the fact I like the nooblets running around chat, is a good feeling to see all the new faces and designs and what-have-you.

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Would it be possible to post something official to notify people of this temporarily then? The Chat and forum regulars are aware for the most part, but not new players or those just here looking for help (Game wise, not technical). Would give off a bad impression if it looked as though they were ignored/chat is inactive. Might just be me worrying, and the fact I like the nooblets running around chat, is a good feeling to see all the new faces and designs and what-have-you.
    I'm leaving it for now, as our host claims it's working. Please report any further problems.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I'm leaving it for now, as our host claims it's working. Please report any further problems.
    All chat, whether through PM or general chat , still has the issue. One has to refresh to see any messages anyone put up... Might wanna take chat down for now if it can't be fixed.

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    All chat, whether through PM or general chat , still has the issue. One has to refresh to see any messages anyone put up... Might wanna take chat down for now if it can't be fixed.
    I've disabled their service, we're now running purely off our own servers. Should "work" now.

Reactions: Ithirahad

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I've disabled their service, we're now running purely off our own servers. Should "work" now.
    Well it is functioning again, though not all messages are getting through. if you have 2 tabs or a tab and pop-out chat open, you can hear them Pep at different times with different messages (and having just 1 chat open doesn't net you all either, so it's not being split). Could just be my browser and crappy internet atm though.

But it works, thanks Duke.

Last edited:

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Since it is related here, might I add that chat seems to want to load all messages since I last checked chat? I came back after like 5 hours and it almost froze up loading all of the messages that happened in between. Not sure if that's just me or what, but damn o -o