Anyone got the game working on a Transformer T100?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I am trying to get this game running on a Transformer T100 tablet (Windows 8.1). As the title says, I'm wondering if anyone out there got it running on this particular platform? I've got it installed, but it keeps kicking out after 100% when loading, no error messages or anything (common issue, as I'm finding when searching through the web). I've tried the fixes, still can't get it going, and I'm starting to wonder if there are any configuration tricks to get things hopping.

Anyone?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    With 2gb total ram and intel graphics sharing some of that I'd be very surprised if it could run Starmade at all.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Well, the documented minimum specs are 2Gb of RAM and a card capable of handling OpenGL 2.1, and the processor in this tablet is supposed to be capable of that... I looked to this game precisely because it has lower spec requirements and runs on older / slower hardware. But, I'm starting to wonder if the minimum specs are a little misleading?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Yeah but that 2gb is being shared with the graphics which are inbuilt and not a card as such, whereas the specs are assuming 2gb ram just for starmade with a card that has its own ram, and that's not even taking into account the portion of ram required to run windows and other background programs. On the server I play on everyone has been having issues until they dedicate 2gb or more of ram to Starmade, so it does kind of make sense even if it might be somewhat misleading.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Should run just fine... Its possible this is related to java.. Try updating to the latest ver make sure you instal the desktop varrent.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1443434153,1443433946][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Yeah but that 2gb is being shared with the graphics which are inbuilt and not a card as such, whereas the specs are assuming 2gb ram just for starmade with a card that has its own ram, and that's not even taking into account the portion of ram required to run windows and other background programs. On the server I play on everyone has been having issues until they dedicate 2gb or more of ram to Starmade, so it does kind of make sense even if it might be somewhat misleading.
    Doesn't make a difference starmade can run on 512MB its just not going to run very well min spec is kinda like this is the recommended for the min enjoyable experience and considering by default the game is set to max 1GB of ram that isn't an issue in this case either.

Try waiting a while the 100% mark can take quite a lot of time to complete.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Thanks, I'm going to try wiping and reinstalling the desktop java variant tonight, to see if it helps.

Waiting doesn't help, it hits 100% and just abruptly exits to desktop, and the program/task is not still running when I check task manager. It's like it just gives up, takes its ball and leaves, without a word on why or where it's going o_O

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Bah, still no dice. Reinstalled java (twice), got the latest available chipset/graphics drivers from ASUS (the standard Intel ones aren't supported), and I'm still getting the shutdown to desktop when it reaches 100% loaded. Was really hoping somebody else out there had a few tricks up their sleeves to get it working!

Guess it's back to playing Kerbal on this thing. It may be a little slow, it may be at graphics setting so low that I'm virtually 1 step above stick figures and fingerpaints, but at least it loads and plays! :p