Any way yet to activate passive defense effect on docked entities?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    I was greatly disappointed a while back when I included passive defensive effects in a series of large turrets I built, and then afterwards was informed that the AI would not activate them. Is there any way to do so now, perhaps using a Wireless Logic Module to force their activation manually?

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Haven't tested logic activation of them yet but if you save the entity while it is active the effect should be active when loaded. Not sure though on this note but the effects do stay active when you get out of the entity in question. The only ones that don't are the ones that need you to be there to hold down the trigger and I know those can be logic controlled.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    you could just have a clock constantly running so whenever the ship spawns the passive effect will activate them. however i only believe this works with push and pull effect and not ion or piercing :/

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    you could just have a clock constantly running so whenever the ship spawns the passive effect will activate them. however i only believe this works with push and pull effect and not ion or piercing :/
    What ace said is pretty much it, you can only use logic to use effects which are not sustained. Like passive push, which gives a burst of thrust. Ion passive however is a sustained effect and cannot be triggered with logic.

Or more, even if it was triggered with logic how would the logic system know if the effect was active or not? A clock would just toggle the sustained effect on and off, making it in effect useless(overdrive) or just less effective (ion.)

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Well with an On/Off Button kind of logic it'd be easy and the logic wouldn't have to care. We could easily rig some logic to turn on these passives on spawn if we could trigger them