Any chance faction ranks/permissions will be worked on anytime soon?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I ask because at present everytime I make a faction no one besides founder's can do anything even when relevant permissions are set for their rank, and when you promote people to founder you're stuck with them even after they've been inactive for months.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Shameless plug to add the fact that I fear even adding anyone I don't know to my faction because they could as well just delete my base when I'm not there :S

I also like to have areas of my station available for visitors etc., and having a ton of permission modules everywhere for everything is both ugly and not practical.

All to say a big faction permission revamp would make things so much better. But I guess everyone already knows that as I've see such things being repeated in posts over 1 year old...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Yeah, this is a big problem, it has been talked about to death now.
    But yeah a fix would allow the PvP side of things to improve and factions to recruit.
    (Praying for a fix every time someone asks to join my faction, " Sorry the way the system works at the moment I cant recruit because its open to abuse, but I will help you get set up etc etc etc".

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Yeah I know it's been discussed to death, but when it's so detrimental to trying to play the game in multiplayer a vague timeline would be nice so that one can maintain some hope.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Yup, I don't allow faction members for this very reason, no way to keep their hands out of my cookie jar.

Whenever I see someone asking "Are there any factions I can join?" The first thing that goes through my head isn't "Hey, there's a potential new friend!", its "Damned begger, no, you can't have all my cool stuff and take all my stocks to build your ship with and then leave the instant I try to ask you for anything."

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I just make sure the first couple of ranks have no power of the HQ base and call it a day. That said we need more options to mess around with for factions.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    See for me, I want members lower than founder rank to be able to claim a system for mining, other permissions aren't a big deal. No matter what rank I allow that permission to though, only founder can do so. Same goes for every other option. It makes factions entirely pointless and more of a liability than a help, as evidenced recently when I had an inactive founder come back after months inactive to grief me. 8 months worth of mining as well as everything I and my faction members had built was destroyed within a 10 minute period. The admin on the server can't even help because even though there are admin commands that supposedly allow him to kick members from my faction or otherwise change things within the faction, none of them work.
    I know the game is alpha and all, but it's still damn hard to be motivated to bother with it ever again after something like that happens, especially when there are other games on the market trying to fill a similar niche.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Have you filed a bug report? The devs don't know something is wrong unless you tell them, usually.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I was told by multiple people that this particular bug was reported months ago.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    In addition to fine control I really hope the permission system uses the controller block system (C+V). I really hate that you have to physically have the permission block next to what you want to give permission to access.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I made a faction, the server stopped working for me and I got no response whether others can join it. Neither I did get any info about why it was down or if I got banned for something I don't even remember to have done.

Then, I joined another server and build a huge spawn... but only 1 guy was helping for only 2 weeks, then I were alone on that server during summer-time and now I am tired of it.

There are 3 reasons to join a faction:
    1. faction mails
    2. faction chat
    3. taking away permissions to everyone

But there are many reasons to NOT join a faction and instead setup death traps with logic.
    1. You forfeit your ownership on factioned things when you get kicked out.
    2. You have to be online all the time instead of playing with those you just meet for fun.
    3. You depend on the faction leaders to be online and set up events.
    4. ...

Last edited:
    Reactions: Ithirahad