AntiMatter Cannon

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Hey all and greetings,

I have been playing the game for quite awhile now, and noticed earlier an issue with the antimatter cannons that seriously needs to be addressed and fixed. I haven't mentioned this before since I figured it might have been an oversight. Here is the suggestion or issue that needs fixing.

The antimatter cannons scaling for speed /or reload needs fixing.

Reasoning: As you make a cannon more powerful (bigger, sometimes huge, like my Sulaco's cannons) the antimatter cannon should NOT rapid fire, but fire more slowly. In essence, the smaller it is the more rapid and less powerfull, the bigger it is the more powerful (which is fine) but slower it fires. And if this is changed those of us that have small fighters or dropships that need rapid fire but don't have the room for the amount of cannon blocks it takes to achieve this, will be happy. :) and those of us that have ginormous guns on our capital ships can rejoice as well! :) no more setting everything but damage to 0 % and it still fires like a uzi!

Anyone else feel this way?

Reaction score
    http://star-made.org/content/amc-damage-rework-fix-shield-and-hull-problem

Few threads below this one

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    LOL, I probably overlooked that since shield and hull was in it. But thank you for the info.

Reaction score
    I agree very, very much. Also along with this, the slider should more accurately change the stats. Setting damage to 50% from 25% should double damage with each shot, and changing Fire Rate from 25% to 12% should cause the Fire Rate to roughly halved. Currently, adjusting the sliders doesn\'t seem to work that way - changing up Fire Rate+Damage should not change DPS, only how the firepower is distributed. This way, players can still build huge arrays that fire fast, but the turret will have terrible tracking speed, and the shots will probably not be very damaging.