Another use for factions.

Reaction score
    ** Idea in third paragraph**

I only recently started playing with some friends, and I had only built a salvaging ship. The ship had the core at the very front covered only by some glass. Then only half of the rest of the ship was covered by basic grey hulls.

A friend and I found a pirate owned station, which was completing destroying him until my salvage ship flew in and dismantled the turret docking bays, easily disabling the station. However I was occasionally getting a "This belongs to a faction, unable to use" error which i believe was from the docking bays.

I think if salvaging was disabled on bases / ships (blocks) that are controlled by a faction the game would become harder and more interesting. They should be protected from salvagers until the faction module/s are either destroyed by a weapon or removed by hand, this would reduce the power of the salvagers and give another use to both factions / faction modules and getting out of your ship. A ships core over-heating would overwrite this effect allowing the ship to be salvaged as normal