Anisotropic Filtering

Reaction score
    Does anyone know a way to enable this(Anisotropic Filtering) in the game? Forcing it in Catalyst or RadeonPro doesn't seem to have any effect. It's not really important, I just notice a huge texture quality drop when viewing at an angle.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Since the engine starmade uses runs on java, you must apply the anisotropic filtering to your javaw.exe as opposed to the starmade.exe. To accomplish this, go ahead and open up catalyst control center. Next, you need to add a profile for the javaw.exe, so you need to navigate there. Add a profile, then go to the C:\\ drive, click on program files, then go to java. Inside the java folder you should see a folder entitled either jre6 or jre7. Regardless of whichever it is, click on this folder, then go to bin, and scroll down until you find \"javaw.\" Click on it and add it as an application profile. Of course, all that\'s left is to apply anisotropic filtering!

I was wondering about this as well, and since nobody seemed to care, I had to look in the taskmanager to figure out which process of Java was active while Starmade was running. It happened to be javaw.exe so I tried applying anisotropic filtering to that, and sure enough it worked!

I\'ll PM you this message as well to ensure that you see it.