Animation Project / Ship Model Comparison

Reaction score
    I've been working on a little side project involving Star-made ships and such. I've completed four of the major ships, which are displayed below side-by-side, but I still have to complete a number of drones which will be flying about the animation. I also have to model a number of planets and the character him/herself. The rendering will be the hardest/longest part of the process, which I am dreading. Other than that, things are progressing well. Ship_Comparison.jpg Ship_Comparison#2.jpg Ship_Comparison#3.jpg

Reaction score
    correct me if i'm wrong but i believe that he made them by hand in a modeling program.
    I crafted them, face by face, in Blender. It took me a while but the ships are done. Now just the planet and characters. *sigh*
    Its coming together quite nicely. I just finished modeling the planet and its trees. Now comes the plants...and then the texturing...and the animating...and the rendering *FORCEFUL SIGH* but I love to do it :)

Reactions: Zeno9141
    Reaction score
    And as a side note, can somebody please create a program that exports Starmade schematics to .obj with textures!!!!!!!! I would literally become your slave (after completing the project of course)!

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    Hmm. I once did the reverse, put an .obj into starmade using blender, binvox, and SMedit.

I wonder if it can be reverted again too...

Also, I absolutely love this, being an amateur 3d modeler myself. Keep up the good work, it looks great!

EDIT: Will you be using the cycles engine or the default rendering engine? Curious, I am.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    You seem to have made the Edge much bigger that it is ingame. That or you made the other ships much smaller. Regardless I enjoy seeing Caldera superiority.

Reactions: Zeno9141
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    is this Blender or Cinema 4d?

Anyway nice work, hope ill see one of my ships in your list