An important note for Schema (Long post warning!)

Reaction score
    It seems pretty obvious that our Lord and Saviour is working on NPCs, that could also mean NPC enemies such as alien mobs.

Here is where we might hit a problem.

Please DO NOT make mobs spawn in DARK AREAS like Minecraft. DO NOT add mobs to spawn INSIDE SHIPS. DO NOT IMPLEMENT HOSTILE MOBS YET. The reason I'm using unnecessary capital LETTERS to EMPHASISE my POINTS is becuse this is important.

1) We do not have any personal equipment besides the Schemadyne My First Pew-Pew Blaster Mk.1. It does maybe 15 DPS and is practically useless. We do not have ways to heal thyself or sheild thyself yet so outside our ships we have only a Redshirt-grade phaser to defend ourselves.

2) I've said this before: Plexlights are very bad at doing their jobs. They are as useful as Andrew Dice Clay at a FEMEN rally and need a serious buffing if they want to be useful. So having a trash weapon plus no way to heal yourself plus having trash lighting plus mobs spawning in the dark equals a not fun game.

3) Don't include creepers. We don't need creepers. What we need is pirate kamikaze ships, 1 disintegrator filled ship per 20 normal ships. Not creepers that are totally silent and near-invisible in the dim Plex'light'

This game has a heck of a long way to go before any kind of mob is implemented, a good place to start would be more personal equipment to give us a chance and to spare you the complaints and hasty hot fixes. You guys might be rolling your eyes and imagining some irritating 12 year old but no I'm the crazy old man in Andale and trust me this is an easy mistake to make even for someone as talented as Schema. Oh, and get well soon.

Reaction score
    1.) Is invalid, because you don\'t know how much health the mobs will have. The \"pew-pew\" gun might change, or could become very useful vs mobs because they have a lot less health than ships obviously.

2.) There isn\'t really any system in the game for determining the lighting level per block (like in minecraft) I think, lighting (or at least shadow casting) rather happens via some sort of low-resolution texture overlay, so I doubt \"spawning mobs in the dark\" will be a thing, unless it is about the day/night cycle on a planet.

3.) Why would he include creepers? This ain\'t minecraft.

Obviously schema is a sane person, he wouldn\'t ever make mobs spawn in ships, that would be nonsense :P

From what I\'ve seen/heard, it will be pretty much a planet thing only, more like an alien population, and they could be either friendly (and befriended) or hostile, not so much like the regular mobs in minecraft.

The only thing I really agree with in your post, is that it might be too early to implement mobs, there are some other things that need fixing/fleshing out, such as the dumb AI.