An actual use for npc crew

Reaction score
    Hi i did a few searches of the forums and couldn't find a suggestion like this

Basically I would like to suggest an actual use for NPC crew members be implemented. Currently they are basically static decorations. I believe that these NPC's should be able to be assigned to different weapons/missiles/technician/salvage computer,ect on the ship and give a bonus percentage multiplier to the power or efficiency of these systems. This percentage would be dependent on the NPC's access to "leisure blocks" basically blocks such as chairs, beds or entertainment of some sort. In order for the npc to be considered to have access to those blocks it would have to navigate to it periodically i.e. move from the weapons terminal to a bed block and back again. I believe this feature will both mechanically and aesthetically benefit Star-made as it will add a new dimension to ship construction and combat while also allowing for the interiors of the ships to become more lively with crew members moving about with purpose.
    I'm not going to pretend to know too much about coding but i believe this feature could be implemented given star-made's current technology, star made already has a half decent path finding system for NPC's and the leisure blocks could act as way points for the NPC's to move between on a cycle.

Reactions: Ixalite
    Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    This wasn't suggested because it was/is planned and confirmed form the point where those NPCs were added.