AMC targeting/ aiming

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I painstakingly designed a cannon group such that when facing head on, a solid, gapless 9x9 square of fire is produced. When I went to test the cannon, I realized that when you aim at a block, all of the AMC output cannons aim exactly at the cursor, focusing to a single point. Only when aiming at empty space do the shots retain their placed spacing.

I would like to see an option to toggle between all cannons aiming at a single point, or all cannons firing parallel in the direction of your cursor, i.e. they retain their relative spacing and pattern when striking a target. This could be in a settings file, or via the weapons computer, or some other option or controller, whatever is necessary.

Other beams, such as the scavenging beam, do this already, and I think I prefer having separate hit locations - if you go to the trouble of making multiple output beams, why would you all want them to target the same point?

Reaction score
    no kidding i made a carpet bomber and all teh missles-- lile 40 of them-- destroyed 13 blocks instead of the hundreds they should have.