AMC Fire modes

Reaction score
    One thing I loved from Star War's x-Wing/Tie Fighter games was the fire modes for the lasers. And I think that I would love in Star Made.

In those games, you can switch from three modes:

• All at the same time: That's how it's working now, every time you shoot, all the cannons fire at one. Perfect for slow ships with massive damage.
    • Half every time: Every time you fire, only half of your lasers will shoot, next click, the other half. You sacrifice half of your power to increase the rate of fire.
    • One laser at a time: Every click fires one and only one cannon, a tremendous rate of fire but not so many lasers fliying, perfect to chase fast enemies.

I know you can modify some parameters, but I think this modes will ease the way are used (only one key to switch between fire modes) because nowadays it's hard and slow (and if you puc one new block, yout configuration will reset).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'ve never had any desire to increase the rate of fire on my AMCs. Since this doesn\'t actually increase the rate of fire, just spreads it out, it\'s kind of useless. However, it could be very useful for missiles, which fire slower.

Reaction score
    It\'s curious, I think it\'s useles for something that fires slowly xD

As stated, when you\'re chasing an small ship wich can turn fast it\'s better to be able to shoot as much lasers as possible to maximize the possibilites to impact with one of them. By shooting every time one laser you let the recharge time to be reached by the time a single laser shoots again.

But when you\'re facing a big one, you prefer to inflict more damage by shooting all at the same time because you\'ll be able to assure all will impact.

In some situations in the middle shooting half of the lasers will give you a higher rate of fire than shooting all of them at the same time and more damage by shooting one by one.

Today you can do the same by changing the values of reload-damage, but by this way you can change faster from one configuration to another by pressing only a key.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Both of your guys ideas are good and i think it could be useful for both AMC and missiles so that you can fire missles at multiple targets with out haveing to wait for them all to reload.