AMC DPS override GUI as it relates to power consumption

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hello Schema or other readers,

In my quest to figure out how to wring as much DPS out of a limited power supply, I have notived a potential game balance issue.

Since AMCs suck up power only when firing, one can maintain the same DPS output on an array while grweatly reducing power consumption by reducing refire rate and increasing damage. With a very large array, the slowed refire rate is unlikely to have much impact on coverage. The only thing that prevents me from exploiting this is the fact that it is very impractical to go through and make the adjustments to the 50+ arrays on ships that are big enough for this adjustment to mkae much difference.

Because the numbers can only be edited by clicking once for each % point, we are looking at around 50 clicks per array times 50+ arrays, every time I log in (since the dps override doesn't always save).

This isn't creating huge issues at the moment, however it is of course undesireable to have weapons balance resting on a GUI that is in need of tweaking. It might help to have AMCs draw a small ammount of power constantly, even between shots, so that this cannot be exploited.

-Wesley

Reaction score
    ...which breaks the game at the cost of one click per produced block :p

Note that the power usage of AMCs only matters for manual fired arrays. For turrets and subships , you just have to add lots of weapon computers to maintain the status quo.