AMC combine old with the new... reason follows

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Greetings all,
    Could we have the AMC work like it did before the newest patch along side the newer combo system? ie: the lower the block count the faster it shoots ,then if people need to make their 500 block++ AMC fire faster THEN they can use the combo system to fire it faster at cost of dps? as it stands right now, this new system screws up my fighters and drop ship mini gun. Or if a knowledgeable person has the correct blockbehavior edit please inform me. :) Thank you. Also, I am trying not to use more blocks to adjust rate of fire, I have limited room on my fighters, and do not need to add blocks to them.

Last edited:

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Convert half the guns in the ship to slaves for the main cannon. The DPS will remain the same but it'll fire faster as it'll be a rapid cannon instead of a basic cannon.

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    This is not the option I am going for. I have a fighter already done, and can not add blocks to it without compromising the design. Furthermore, wasn't it said we could revert back to the way it was? So if we could revert, couldnt we also merge? I am fine with everything else in the newest update, but the AMC has to be like it was ,with the newer combo system implemented. That way, things this small (kinda small)
    can work.... I think I have 3 - 4 AMC's on the left and right ,thats it and no room to add anything else. This is an old picture without the newer textures ,but it's just to show you that I do not have any room to be adding another computer or more AMC's to compensate /+/- dps vs fire rate.

Trust me when I say, the old way for fire rate merged with the new way for combo system is the way to go.

Reactions: Syzygy

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    This is not the option I am going for. I have a fighter already done, and can not add blocks to it without compromising the design. Furthermore, wasn't it said we could revert back to the way it was? So if we could revert, couldnt we also merge? I am fine with everything else in the newest update, but the AMC has to be like it was ,with the newer combo system implemented. That way, things this small (kinda small)
    can work.... I think I have 3 - 4 AMC's on the left and right ,thats it and no room to add anything else. This is an old picture without the newer textures ,but it's just to show you that I do not have any room to be adding another computer or more AMC's to compensate /+/- dps vs fire rate.

Trust me when I say, the old way for fire rate merged with the new way for combo system is the way to go.
    Replace part of the top hull face with a line of AMC blocks. Since AMCs aren't butt-ugly any more, it'll look fine...

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    I could try that....although I must admit ,I am a bit of a stickler when it comes to re-creations looking fairly close to their show / movie counter-parts. IDK, but I will have to mess around with it I guess until someone has a blockbehavior edit that's viable with integrating the old reload rate for AMC with the new combo system. Or how about the DEV's giving a bit of insight to this? lol...

Edit: I could just make a hull block that behaves like a AMC block, I have added over 13 extra blocks already as well as textures....sooo... when all else fails I will just make a hull looking AMC block. :)

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Replace part of the top hull face with a line of AMC blocks. Since AMCs aren't butt-ugly any more, it'll look fine...
    well I tried that, but in order for it to equal the same rate and damage I would have to add another 4 blocks to each side to the main guns and an additional weapon computer AND another 6 blocks to each side.... lol it's just not going to work out with the way things are now. Doesn't anyone make fighters anymore? how do they get around this obstacle? I am going to have to email schema or a dev that can give me the lines to add so the reload rate is back to its normal setting.

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Am I really the only person having this problem with building fighters? I am still doing more testing....and I may just have to make an xtra AMC block that looks like a hull.....

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Am I really the only person having this problem with building fighters?
    Yes, because most people are willing to sacrifice a bit of hull to get their ship working. Most Starmade fighters have at least some exposed systems, as far as I've seen.

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Yes, because most people are willing to sacrifice a bit of hull to get their ship working. Most Starmade fighters have at least some exposed systems, as far as I've seen.
    well, thank you for your reply :) ,and I am not all together for butchering my fighters.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    No need to move anything, the only block you need to add is a weapon computer. Link half of your already placed amcs to one computer (just seperate them in two groups and then refil the hole, amcs that are connected to different computers won't merge even if they are touching). Then link one of the computers to the other one.

TADAAA, exact same vessel but it now has rapid fire.

Reactions: mrsinister

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    No need to move anything, the only block you need to add is a weapon computer. Link half of your already placed amcs to one computer (just seperate them in two groups and then refil the hole, amcs that are connected to different computers won't merge even if they are touching). Then link one of the computers to the other one.

TADAAA, exact same vessel but it now has rapid fire.
    maybe..I will try that too,...but i dont need rapid ,but a fire rate slightly slower than rapid...lol its ok. the thing is the starfury has 4 amc's on the left and right. the fire rate isnt rapid but it is fast. I just dont need the damaged nerfed a lot, which I can change in the blockbehavior if needed.

Last edited:

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Then just slave 1/4 of the amcs to the rest. It won't lower your total damage output btw.

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Then just slave 1/4 of the amcs to the rest. It won't lower your total damage output btw.
    hmmm...yeah, that sounds good... I can link the back 2, I just need to find a spot for the additional AMC Computer block. lol, there really isnt any room in there, just a tiny hallway to get to the core. but I will think of something.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Encase it in the hallway's wall. If that's not possible just replace a shield block for the computer, it will only remove 450 shields (not that bad).

Reactions: mrsinister

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Encase it in the hallway's wall. If that's not possible just replace a shield block for the computer, it will only remove 450 shields (not that bad).
    true....

EDIT: I just tried that suggestion and nope, doesn't work like I thought it would've. And it only lessened the rate of fire by less than 1,000 it ended up around 2,033? from 3000 baseline and lowered my damage a bit more than I thought it would ,which I need something around the 600 - 750 mark for fire rate and still keep the 95 damage. lol ,this is the point I am trying to make....lol ,I dont think it can be done like you could in the pre-combo patch where we had more control over the distance / reload / damage / speed ,etc etc..

Last edited:

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    I also tried half n half...lol and that was too low damage and really too fast firing....finding that mid ground coupled with damage output is going to be difficult for fighters, where one doesn't want full on rapid or too slow fire. And it's even harder for doing re-creations and already made projects like mine. Now if we are talking fresh build... yeah no problem, I can circumvent the issue, and plan ahead. :)

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    That's damage per projectile, not actual damage output (which stays the same btw). In other words, the damage per second you output stays the exact same. And in your case, lowered damage per projectile doesn't matter since you can't one shot kill blocks anyways.

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    That's damage per projectile, not actual damage output (which stays the same btw). In other words, the damage per second you output stays the exact same. And in your case, lowered damage per projectile doesn't matter since you can't one shot kill blocks anyways.
    could you explain that a bit more. My normal non slaved is 160 damage (80x2) ,with really slow 3,000 reload. If I slave the back 2 AMC's ,damage drops to 108.4 (54.4x2) ,reload at a still slow 2033.3. which is still too slow and damage is too low. I can't one shot blocks anyway, at least not on the stuff I build, I can't even get through the shields. A shuttle (not big, L = 31 ,W = 15 ,H= 8 its mass = 166.1) I made generates some 506/sec shields and has around 39k+ total shields, and the damage floaters show like 00 and even 03 per hit. But you say the damage output stays the same? And I thought it was damage per projectile? cause 160 damage combined is a heck of a lot better than a serious nerf to 108.4 for a piddly less than 1,000 drop in reload. But either way, I need to be close to that 160 damage with the fire rate around 600. I just don't think its going to happen on my already built re-creations of tv/movie craft. Like I said finding the mid ground is going to be really hard. Also, I did try some extra effects as well...and that didn't help either...lol.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Remember, the damage per projectile drops but the fire rate increases. For example (these are not real numbers but it works the same):

Combo one: 200 damage per projectile, 2 second reload. This mean 100 DPS (damage per second).

Combo two: 100 damage per projectile, 1 second reload. Again, this means 100DPS.

I can calculate it using your numbers too:
    1. 160 damage per projectile, 3000 (milli-seconds) reload. 160 (damage) / 3 (seconds) = 53.3 DPS
    2. 108.4 damage, 2033.3 reload (so 2.0333 seconds). 108.4 (damage) / 2.0333 (seconds) = 53.3 DPS
    As you can see, damage output stays the exact same but you now have a higher rate of fire. Unless of course you want that high damage SINGLE projectile (which is extremely useless btw since you retain the same damage output). I hope this helps.

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Remember, the damage per projectile drops but the fire rate increases. For example (these are not real numbers but it works the same):

Combo one: 200 damage per projectile, 2 second reload. This mean 100 DPS (damage per second).

Combo two: 100 damage per projectile, 1 second reload. Again, this means 100DPS.

I can calculate it using your numbers too:
    1. 160 damage per projectile, 3000 (milli-seconds) reload. 160 (damage) / 3 (seconds) = 53.3 DPS
    2. 108.4 damage, 2033.3 reload (so 2.0333 seconds). 108.4 (damage) / 2.0333 (seconds) = 53.3 DPS
    As you can see, damage output stays the exact same but you now have a higher rate of fire. Unless of course you want that high damage SINGLE projectile (which is extremely useless btw since you retain the same damage output). I hope this helps.
    yeah, I figured that's what you meant. in any event, I really need that quick-mid range reload. I dont need rapid or want rapid since the craft in question doesnt use rapid fire, but it doesnt use slow either....lol, hmm wouldn't a 65% 35% block setup work? I know you suggested 2 of the 8 total which isnt fast enough... and I think half is just way to quick. I could do those back 2 and add a third...that may do it. I will have to do some more testing. But, thank you for confirming my thoughts on the dps.