Alternative Currency

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hello. I like toes. And big ships. The problem with big ships, is you have to be VERY careful not to make them too big, as if they exceed the max amount of money one can have, they will become unbuyable from the catalog - that effectively makes it a crap idea to build one on a multiplayer server [spend a month building, get randomly kicked from the game/net, someone finds destroys/jacks the ship - and it's gone. A month of work. Not able to rebuy it.]
    I want to build capital ships on multiplayer. I want to know, that in case I lose it due to a bug/crash/lag/lost battle I will be able to rebuy it [given I have enough money - here comes faction teamwork!]

As I have been told, the credits cap is somewhere around 2.3 billion. The front part of my current ship-in-making FLOOR [hull itself] costs 200 million already.

While there is a choice, to make the ship smaller, or add hollow spaces or whatever - why would we do that? If we have the resources for it, and the time for it, and are willing to we should be able to build as big as we wish, without fear that it gets undocked by mistake, and weeks of work will go to hell just because we cannot rebuy the ship.

My proposal would be to add alternative currencies in-game: Item based ones, maybe some space bank notes, antimatter particles, or whatever else; that would be worth 1 Million and 1 Billion, and would be accepted by the ship Catalog - this would make purchasing a ship of any size possible, and hey - collecting these items as a faction/person would be fun! [and give us a way to store our credits WITHOUT having to place a shop-bank, faction-only it [doesn't work by the way, anyone can still use them], then setting all prices to 1 [takes ages] and THEN hiding the cash in.] - and THEN every time you move your base, or destroy the shop block by mistake you have to go through the whole process all over again.

Also, the 1 million ones could be randomly hidden on planets/pirate stations, which would give exploring these a point, other than just the need to eat them with salvage cannons and take 10t of rock/10 gazillion black hull home as a souvenir.