Alt accounts are being cracked down on.

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I had a chat with DukeofRealms today;

22:00:32 <DukeofRealms> What is the account Akula?
    22:00:51 <Jaas> ah, so you're asking about this
    22:01:16 <Jaas> well, Akula was originally ment to be a way for me to be in two factions at once.
    22:03:47 <Jaas> Just as a question, is this okay to do, I know alting is discouraged, but I do believe that I am not abusing anything.
    22:04:58 <DukeofRealms> It is or will be against the rules, so abondonning the account now would be best.
    22:05:43 <Jaas> Okay, will do, it will only be a matter of days.
    22:06:48 <Jaas> As an actual question though, why would this rule be put in place? Is it for a member count or is it that you believe spying hurts the community?
    22:07:46 <DukeofRealms> Alternative accounts can be used to bolsters ones reputation in the community or attack members using an alt account to avoid identity detection.
    22:08:34 <DukeofRealms> Alternative accounts also allow for ban evasion and warning tracking evasion.
    22:08:45 <Jaas> mmm, I see, while I believe that I would not do such things as these, I can see why it has to be a carpet rule for enforcement purposes.
    22:41:38 <Jaas> And as for abandoning the account, will removing all of its posts, likes and all actions suffice, or should I contact a moderator to delete the account when all is ready?
    22:42:00 <DukeofRealms> I can delete it for you when it is ready.
    22:42:32 <Jaas> Thank you, and I believe that this will prevent it from being uplinked to servers?
    22:42:51 <DukeofRealms> No only for forums
    22:43:08 <DukeofRealms> Alternative accounts are only against forum rules, not StarMade rules
    22:43:57 <Jaas> Oh, that makes things a bit easier and quicker, thank you!

TL;DR alt accounts are soon to be banned on the forums, and will need to be deleted by a moderator (Resba is the head of the forums, you might want to contact him first.) This will have no affect on your uplinking or ability to play on a server.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reactions: MossyStone48

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    resba is the head of the forums, and technically I shouldn't be messing with the forums. So alert him when your account is ready for deletion.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Jaaskinal
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    I have two accounts because I am a derp and did not realise that you could have up to ten names on one account per server.

(I needed to be in more than one faction on the Tethys Galaxy server for admin stuff)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    If we're deleting alt-accounts and their respective posts, wouldn't that leave a big dent in the relative sense of quite a few topics. Folks talking to themselves and all that. I propose we don't wipe the posts, just get rid of the account from further use.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    As said in the op, its only forum rules, not game wide. So i doubt he'll be too bothered by it.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    What about old, unused accounts, from when you wanted to change your name?

PS ETTING US CHANGE OUR NAMES WOULD FIX THAT PROBLEM AND NOT MAKE PEOPLE NEED TO ABANDON ALL THEIR OLD POSTS AND LIKES AND STUFF

Reactions: jorgekorke

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Ridik doesn't alt account, He just gets different people o -o So I doubt Ridik would be directly affected at all xD

That being said, I would think mods would like to talk to MrNature72, Seeing as his Alliance Thread is hosted by an Alt (Well, it was suppose to be a community account used by Leaders of the concord for organization purposes I think)

Reaction score
    Ridik doesn't alt account, He just gets different people o -o So I doubt Ridik would be directly affected at all xD

That being said, I would think mods would like to talk to MrNature72, Seeing as his Alliance Thread is hosted by an Alt (Well, it was suppose to be a community account used by Leaders of the concord for organization purposes I think)
    CyberTao I've already discussed this with Duke. Until there's a way for multiple users to have ownership over a thread, the account will remain, as it is not technically an alt. It's a shared user that allows multiple factions to host that thread. It's passed down from one spokesperson to another.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    CyberTao I've already discussed this with Duke. Until there's a way for multiple users to have ownership over a thread, the account will remain, as it is not technically an alt. It's a shared user that allows multiple factions to host that thread. It's passed down from one spokesperson to another.
    Well I didnt know that, Dont expect everyone (except those with Ridik) to know whats been said in your PMs * ^*
    And I thought that multiple people could own a thread in the last Site patch/update... or was that a coming features thing?

And I poked you cause it seemed like something with Limited exceptions - 3- Grats on being one of the "Special cases" ;p

Reactions: Jaaskinal
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    one question I have is, if I have 2 names on 1 account can i still be logged into the same server with both names at the same time (with authentication enabled)

because at the moment I have 2 account,s because I often use 1 as admin on my server without having to logout with my other account, so I don't have to keep tp-ing all over the place then back to my base.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    one question I have is, if I have 2 names on 1 account can i still be logged into the same server with both names at the same time (with authentication enabled)

because at the moment I have 2 account,s because I often use 1 as admin on my server without having to logout with my other account, so I don't have to keep tp-ing all over the place then back to my base.
    Duke has already said that Alt accounts are Banned on the forums, but not serverside :u Different rulesets

22:42:51 <DukeofRealms> No only for forums
    22:43:08 <DukeofRealms> Alternative accounts are only against forum rules, not StarMade rules

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    but i have already made some posts with the alt account, before i could get access to my main one when this new site first went live,

when the alt account is deleted will the thread created by it also be deleted?
    ( i have not used it on the forum since i got my original account back)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    when the alt account is deleted will the thread created by it also be deleted?
    I am quite sure that should you contact some mod, you'll be able to work something (like thread merge, selective post deletion or maybe even connecting all posts to single account - depending on what the forum allows) out.