Recognized Allow C + V linkage to logic from pickup rail & shootout rail.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    It would be nice to be able to get a true signal from these blocks like a rail basic without having to place a logic block physically next to them, looks kinda funny to have logic blocs floatin about.

For instance, say I want to launch a drone or fighter, the rail basic its parked on is TRUE and the activation module is ON and the door is closed, trigger launch sequence and the ship leaving the parking rail turns the activator off and the door opens, easy peasy. BUT, to close the door after the ship leaves its launch bay I have to use a clock and hope lag or server save doesn't throw thing off.

If I could use a and/not/activation module setup and link the last shootout rail to it then the ship leaving the shootout rail would close the door. The same sort of thing could also open a door when the ship is docking, crossing a specific pickup rail could trigger the entry door to open .

I could also see this being beneficial for "railess" tram systems moving through opens space to open and close airlocks as they pass from structure to structure.

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    I don't see why C + V linking shouldn't be a feature for all rails, it's not like connecting them to anything even does anything, except rotators and their 45-degree control. I'd be using this all the time, too!

Reactions: ltmauve
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I would too, makes it possible to get more compact circuits like a launching rail in a very long carrier that needs a spacing system, with this i'd be able to get it stuffed in a 10 by 10 cube.

Reactions: megashub and kiddan
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Thinking about it ... if there is some reason that C + V won't work for pickup/shootout rails, adding an intangible logic button and activaton module that we could place next to a pickup or shootout rail would be a nice alternative.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Not sure why it isn't a thing already!