All of the blocks are ugly.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Antimater cannons, salvage beams and engines look too much alike

Natural terrain textures have too much contrast, as do several other textures such as power blocks

Ice and metal are too shiney

The metal texture is sort of fine... but there aren't enough types of metal textures. some people might want smooth metal. Others might want matt metal whilst others perfer gloss

as for metal colours... there's a lime green, two different yellows, a dark grey, a light grey and then some a very bright blue, red and purple (might have been a pink too). What if we want a dark green or brown? Navy instead of sky blue?

corners don't match up to the other blocks either.

Reaction score
    You can make a new Pack, (by modifying the current one) and enjoy your new colors! :D

several other folks have worked on these as well, not sure if they have posted them in the projects page or not

Reaction score
    Perhaps the metal colour issue could be solved by buying blank hulls, and coloring them yourself. Thus the shops would only sell one type of hulls, and sell paint that is customizable by RGB sliders.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Now that I\'m back, I\'ll be doing some work on most of the textures. Thanks for pointing out your concerns.

-BB

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The paint your own hull idea is and always has been, a good one. If tis workable th base color coudl be white gray or black. That means you need to set up a manufacturing area somewhere harvest plants from a planet and MAKE PAINT!

Im all for anything that forces someone to use the terrain.

Reaction score
    I second the RGB idea, that is indeed an innovative way of doing things and lessens the amount of textures needed.

Reaction score
    Although it would be a bit hard to make completley customisable paints from plants, so I think choosing the color at the shop would be easier. That or have a factory block that changes the color of a blank paint made from plants.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    There is already paints that can be made from plants, try it out.

I\'ve suggested before that we have a base hull that can be colored in game, maybe I\'ll bring that idea back up again in our next dev meeting.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Currently the blocks have a certain amount of bytes, if we used the idea of having colorable blocks in game ( any color ) would increase the number of bytes by quadrouple, which would in turn, slow down the game and reduce efficiency.

But you can currently use plants and other organics to make all the colors that are currently available in game.