Read by Council Alignment Key "C" Config Idea

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Hi Schema/Schine,

I really like being able to align with the universe using the alignment key "C", but often find a situation where I wish I could use it to align in one of the other 5 directions.

Is this planned?

I thought if you apply the same technique used with the external view with RIGHT+SHIFT, where you have the single and double tap control.

For align, it would be cool to have a double tap to bring up a tool to choose which direction you wish to set the alignment to. Then from that point on when you press the C-key you align in that chosen direction.

You could possibly use the existing mechanic that rotates the orientation of blocks for the tool to choose the direction, but have it apply to auto alignment.

Where I would find this useful is when positioning structures opposite each other or when I have to dock with a structure that has docking in all directions. I'm sure there are many other ways this would be beneficial.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Instead of any popup tools it might be as simple as a key combination or new key-bind that aligns you to the closest orientation on the plane. So you get yourself close and then hit the key and the ship takes care of the rest.

Reactions: Valck
    Reaction score
    Neat idea, but definitely use another keybind (Don't replace the C key for aligning to galactic place).
    Very useful to align in a particular orientation relative to, say, a station, or planet segment.