Akira Class WIP

Reaction score
    Yeah there are. The project is stalled. Reason: AMC nerf. The guns on it as it stands use so much power that no amount of regen I want to cram into it will prevent it from draining all of its power (and it has a capacity of 26 or 27 million). I\'m trying to find a way to still make it the ship its supposed to be without having to give up its rain of pain idea (the torpedo boom is already full of missiles so that\'s out).

So until I can get a hold of my co-designer for the weapons systems I can\'t push forward except to chuck shield blocks into it and build the engineering rooms.

On the topic of empty hulls, that has to wait too. I need it to be built internally systems-wise before I try working more hull details into the exterior. I already know I won\'t be messing with windows for this build given the way the interior will be set up.

Reaction score
    It has been a month or so since the last update. Not sure if that\'s necro-ing my own thread. someone kid enough to let me know if it is?

Anyway update: decal work done thanks to help from CW390. And a pair of engine cores by the same. Did a quick video tour. Next phase is smoothing and ading interial detailing in the rooms. I scrapped a lot of the rooms in favor of power and shields. Keep is as simple as I can for a somewhat size-reduced replica.

Video link:

http://youtu.be/Bp7Zl8WbuOw

Reaction score
    New update! Hangar deck is now a bit \"taller\", allowing for both small (3 block tall) escape vehicles and small (5 block tall) fighters to be utilized. Hangar deck door has been deliberately designed to encourage the pilot to come to a stop before launching fighter craft (preferably before entering an organized battle).

By default this vessel will come with a set of four \"Perigrine Attack Fighters\" downscaled to just fit trhough the door with careful flying.