AI Turret Reset

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I see many other requests for turret reset automation and thought I'd add my thoughts from the AI perspective.

Can these functions be added to the AI module?
    • Turret reset on inactivity or no enemies in range
    • Logic output at turret reset to trigger other Logic circuits
    • Cool slow movement when resetting back to start position
    The more I mess around with retracting turrets or components of my ships & stations, the more frustrated I get with the resetting of positions causing retraction or movement problems.

I thought, it would be nice to have this built into the AI module by default. At least for turret reset. For example, if a ship has been in a fire fight and it wins, to then reset the turrets back to their start position. A nice slow movement would be a nice touch to simulate the systems resetting back to a dormant or resting state.

This would then allow for some automated retracting or whatever.

On that note, some kind of switch output would be useful too. This would allow for such automated features to be triggered upon turret reset.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1443741220,1443740734][/DOUBLEPOST]Actually, maybe have the Logic output on stand down from defence mode for ship or turret.

On that note, could you also add an attack mode and defence mode?

Attack mode would be where you select the target and when destroyed, it then switches to defence mode to auto lock onto something else.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1443741357][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh, and an attack mode short list ability would be cool. So you can have say 3-5 preselected priority targets and it cycles down through the list until complete. To then switch to defence mode.