AI Targeting Priorities

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    EDIT:
    There is a better thread on this subject that Keptick informed me of. Please refer to it here:
    http://starmadedock.net/threads/my-two-cents-on-turret-ai.5599/

After using turrets since my second or third ship that I ever built, I have come to understand one thing very well. They suck at target prioritization.

What would be nice is a way to give a set of priorities to a Bobby AI. This could be default in the bobby or possibly a bobby extender block.

Basically you would have a set of options that would look something like this.

[] Ally [X] Enemy [] Neutral (check as many as you want from these 3)

Ships [1]
    Turrets[3]
    Asteroids [0]
    Space Stations [2]
    Astronauts [4]
    Missiles [5]

*A value of zero indicates that, that type of target would not be targeted.

*you could not enter the same priority for two target types (except for zero)

I think adding this ability would allow players to build their turrets with specific roles in mind as well as allow them to determine what they prefer their turrets to fire at.

Someday if we are able to have turrets fire power supply or shield supply beams at allies (or the repair beams) it could also be helpful. Same if we ever get the ability to have salvage beam turrets target salvageable targets.

I do realize that this could take a bit of a rework of AI, but if my memory serves me, I think its been mentioned that AI will be changed latter anyway.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Megacrafter127
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    didn't realize there were other threads. Though I also didn't search. Well I will pretend that I made this for the tl:dr crowd.