AI Spawning Questions

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Just wondering how the AI picks what to spawn in for ships since I've noticed they tend to pick a particular mass on startup of a world and make everything else super rare unless the things it defaults to are turned off. Speaking of defaults, say I want to have the Isanths in the mix as well, these things tend to make anything else rarer than life in the universe when active. >_>

Also is it possible to add more stations for the trading guild and pirates to use on our end and how is this done?

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Also is it possible to add more stations for the trading guild and pirates to use on our end and how is this done?
    This part is easy, make a blueprint of a station and move the BP folder to Starmade/Blueprints-stations/[NPC faction]/ and it will be added to the list of possible stations for that faction.

As for the Wave strength (What AI uses to figure out how many and how strong), no one knows how this works at all except for Devs afaik. Certain Isanth are rarer than others (The missile ones I believe), so it probably checks some value based on the blocks, to prevent the insta-death sniper missiles from being spawned commonly. Could be wrong though, as I have no clue really.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    So remaking the Isanths out of glass might make some more common? :)

Also noticed there are no Isanths for the damage pulse computer combinations. o_O

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Damage pulse has a very small range, and AI is currently set to try and Keep~ X distance, meaning that they cant even use Damage Pulse without a push engine to force it close enough.

AI is derp.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    lol so that's why my bomb pirate ships go into binary orbits when two get into a fight. XD We really need more control over the AI through configs or mods. :)