AI + Pulse Weapon Primary works now

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Just wondering if anyone noticed this yet for those of you that have been wanting to make AI Guided Warhead Torpedoes. The only issue I've been running into is the AI will come to a hard stop even without thrusters forcing the need for a good push clock to make them move. Even than you end up with a JUST KISS ALREADY!!! moment. XD

In any event let the Warhead Minefields of Death begin. :P

Reactions: nightrune

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    I figured out the reason for slow torpedos and sadly it means we can't make colliding ai right now. Push pulse can't propel anything beyond the top velocity as determined by its twr. This means that the torpedo needs thrusters to give itself a top speed to be propelled too but those same thrusters work against your end goal of crashing into the target.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Well the up side is we can now make minesfields that chase people. :P

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Just wondering if anyone noticed this yet for those of you that have been wanting to make AI Guided Warhead Torpedoes. The only issue I've been running into is the AI will come to a hard stop even without thrusters forcing the need for a good push clock to make them move. Even than you end up with a JUST KISS ALREADY!!! moment. XD

In any event let the Warhead Minefields of Death begin. :p
    I'll just leave this here... ;)

The Scatter Pack 4 Guided MIRV Torpedo.

This is a prototype guided multi-warhead weapon that homes in on a target then is remotely 'detonated' from the launch station. Several tests were performed on a 40m x40m moving target to simulate a capital ship. This thing has a pretty good chance to hit if you time the 'detonation' right.
    Scatter Pack 4.jpg

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    Sadly AI still cannot use pulse as an effective weapon, it fires straight ahead while its still 30 degrees off target. That shit can miss the broad side of a titan with an r40 blast.