Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    AI Advanced/Logic Control

Features
    Abilty to select the behaviour of AI using logic connected to the module in the same way that we connect activation blocks to the rail computer, rails and storage blocks to produce different behaviours.
    Allow logic responses to particular detection triggers for things like alert systems, retractable turrets, drone launching, defense/power/shield redirection/alocation and I'm sure there are many more uses.

Logic Input/Output
    Using the Inner Ship Remote (ISR) modules for input and output logic control.
    Small Change to Bobby AI system wording for use with inner ship remotes. Instead of "Aim At" in the module settings, change this to Target. I see the Wiki BOBBY AI Module - StarMade Wiki uses Target in it's reference to Aim At.
    The key is naming the ISR with the particular function name and either connect the AI module to it for the output or connect the module to the AI module for input. Or vice versa.
    I would suggest using shortened names if possible with either a prefix or suffix. I prefer prefix to group easier.
    Example Targeting Settings
    Target Any = T_Any or Any_T
    Target Selected = T_Select or Select_T
    Target Missiles = T_Missiles or Missiles_T
    Target Astronauts = T_Astronauts or Astronaughts_T

Logic Input
    Use Internal Ship Remote to change the configuration or operational status of the AI module.
    Label the ISR using the following format to control the particular setting.
    Prefix everything with T_ to set the type of target, AI_ for activation, Type (Ship/Turret/Fleet) and anything else.
    Example
    AI_Active = Toggle the Active tick box
    T_Any = Set Target to Any
    T_Missiles = Set Target to Missiles

Logic Output
    Using a similar method to Input, have the output labelled.
    Trigger ISR named with the output detected by the AI module.
    Prefix with D_ to identify as a detection or detected for ease of referencing your logic.
    D_MissLock = detected Missile Lock
    D_MissInt = detected Missile on intercept course
    D_Ship = detected Ship
    D_Station = detected Station
    D_Enemy = detected Enemy
    D_Faction
    D_Ally
    D_Astronaught

I hope this makes sense. It sounds weird, but this idea came to me in a dream this morning.

Reactions: HolyCookie
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I'm sorry to say but someone already suggested something similar to this, they quoted this game where you could "program" the AI using a sort of drag and drop function much like scratch. This is another way of approaching it so I will forward it though, they might prefer this way over the other (if they were to go for a special "make your own AI" idea.) The thing is, the other one was easier for players to use (most likely) Though this approach probably gives more possibilities and freedom as to what kind of AI a player wants (that is, if we would add some functions like "stay at x from target" and such)

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Thanks HolyCookie.

I do remember reading other ideas, but couldn't find them to compare.

The Idea I propose can use existing game mechanics and is extendable like Fleet control. Which is partly what I was looking for. Something that can grow with the game.

Actually, what I really want is logic input/output for all computers, but this one will give us a bunch of things I've wanted for a while like red alert systems to trigger rail and logic controlled weapons along with logic control over the settings to deal with threats like missiles before attacking a ship. That way you don't need different types of cannons wasting space on your entities. You can have one cannon and use it for multiple tasks. Ideal for smaller craft as well as stations with limited resources.

Benevolent27

Join the Dark Side
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    AI Advanced/Logic Control

Features
    Abilty to select the behaviour of AI using logic connected to the module in the same way that we connect activation blocks to the rail computer, rails and storage blocks to produce different behaviours.
    Allow logic responses to particular detection triggers for things like alert systems, retractable turrets, drone launching, defense/power/shield redirection/alocation and I'm sure there are many more uses.

Logic Input/Output
    Using the Inner Ship Remote (ISR) modules for input and output logic control.
    Small Change to Bobby AI system wording for use with inner ship remotes. Instead of "Aim At" in the module settings, change this to Target. I see the Wiki BOBBY AI Module - StarMade Wiki uses Target in it's reference to Aim At.
    The key is naming the ISR with the particular function name and either connect the AI module to it for the output or connect the module to the AI module for input. Or vice versa.
    I would suggest using shortened names if possible with either a prefix or suffix. I prefer prefix to group easier.
    Example Targeting Settings
    Target Any = T_Any or Any_T
    Target Selected = T_Select or Select_T
    Target Missiles = T_Missiles or Missiles_T
    Target Astronauts = T_Astronauts or Astronaughts_T

Logic Input
    Use Internal Ship Remote to change the configuration or operational status of the AI module.
    Label the ISR using the following format to control the particular setting.
    Prefix everything with T_ to set the type of target, AI_ for activation, Type (Ship/Turret/Fleet) and anything else.
    Example
    AI_Active = Toggle the Active tick box
    T_Any = Set Target to Any
    T_Missiles = Set Target to Missiles

Logic Output
    Using a similar method to Input, have the output labelled.
    Trigger ISR named with the output detected by the AI module.
    Prefix with D_ to identify as a detection or detected for ease of referencing your logic.
    D_MissLock = detected Missile Lock
    D_MissInt = detected Missile on intercept course
    D_Ship = detected Ship
    D_Station = detected Station
    D_Enemy = detected Enemy
    D_Faction
    D_Ally
    D_Astronaught

I hope this makes sense. It sounds weird, but this idea came to me in a dream this morning.
    I like your idea because it would allow changing the settings of different bobby AI modules, but I think using UI's to set the settings would be better, and would also similarly grow with the features of the bobby AI.

There was another suggestion here which would create a new UI to allow easy controlling from a menu for turrets and other AI's on a ship, however it was not logic controllable. So I came up with an idea on how to do this, which I feel is relevant here. I thought of a change to the basic idea, to also allow copying of settings, as your suggestion does, so I'll make the changes to the idea here as I write it.

Quoting from my original post, the idea is to "...allow remote editing of a bobby AI module on a ship. You place a "Bobby AI Console" block onto the main ship. You then press C on that block and V on the bobby AI module on a turret to connect it (like a wireless logic block). Then when you press "R" on the Bobby AI Console on the main ship, you're able to set the settings for the remote turret. You could also connect logic to these blocks to turn the turret's bobby AI module on and off."

You would turn the bobby AI module on or off by connecting the "Bobby AI Console" to an activation block. When the activation block is on, the bobby AI is turned on, when off it's set to off. Additionally, you can copy settings from one console to the other by connecting them and then connecting an activation block to the one you want to "push" to the other.

This way you could use Inner Ship Remotes to change the settings of different sets of turrets and also turn them on and off.

Example:

In this example, you'd have 4 activation blocks, 3 of which would be used to change the settings and one serves as an on/off switch for the bobby AI.

Last edited: