AI for turrets and ships not working

Reaction score
    I recently tried to make an automated turret and an automated ship using the same structure. It seems to do nothing on any setting combination with it active and having a ship in firing range or a station in sensor range. This seemed to start happening after the latest patch. See below

setting ship to active

Still sitting there after 2 minutes

It also does this with an enemy right infront of it (50m)

What to do, what to do...

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    I have found that turrets and AI ships will not fire on a pirate station, just on the station's turrets. If the target you are waiting for it to engage is a pirate station without turrets, this may be the source of your problem.

Of course I could be completely wrong, being dreadfully newbish still.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I know you need to set Turrets to Type "Turret". Try creating a core, selecting it with F and using /start_ship_ai -1, and seeing if the turrets react. Make sure the sector is not protected though, since AI doesn't seem to work in those sectors.

Reaction score
    Turret didn't react. But the ship went all wonky and started drifting sideways. It was trying to shoot at the target, but while it was drifting, it was shaking back and forth, wish I could take video.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Turret didn't react. But the ship went all wonky and started drifting sideways. It was trying to shoot at the target, but while it was drifting, it was shaking back and forth, wish I could take video.
    The Isanth dance! If it was just shaking back and forth, I would that that would mean you gave a ship "turret" AI. I may have been mistaken when looking at your pictures, cause I thought it was a turrets. If that is a independent ship, the AI type should be "Ship". If that's the case, my bad.
    Type is use to tell the AI what it is controlling (either ship or turret).

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    AI will not attack stations. This is why I use a giant cube of advanced armor spawned in using /spawn_mobs to test to see turrets are working correctly and my ship is power stable with all guns engaged.