Afterburners

Reaction score
    Specialized thruster blocks that would give you a short boost that goes over the maximum speed (like 50%-100% added to the current max speed depending on the size of the module).

The length of the boost would depend on the way the blocks are placed/grouped, just like with most other functional blocks.

It could be assigned to a key, or just simply be treated as a weapon (so you would have to select it in the hotbar and press fire).

The block should drain a lot of power once in use.

Reaction score
    Thats an awesome idea, though i think it would make smaller ships alittle too fast or more annoying to larger ships

Reaction score
    Thats what it shld be Mass Fighter>Cruiser Always Like that

trusters need more function atm i can use a shipcore and go to 50km/h ==

Reaction score
    Yeah I proposed this because movement is very limited atm, while much can be done with it.

Also, smaller ships are supposed to be annoying for the larger ones :P

The larger ships would have shields/weapons to counter these, while the smaller ships would have the maneuverability to evade most attacks.

That being said, having some sort of large scale flak cannons for this purpose might be a cool addition to the arsenal for the larger ships, could make auto-turrets with those.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hmh not so sure about different speeds infight, but how about using your afterburners deactivates your shields. That way you can activate them to get someplace quickly, but you would be really careful with using them infight..