Status
    Not open for further replies.

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Just a quick idea I had for a while. Remember when Schema told that he would add player controlled AI fleets? I came up with an easy to implement solution on how to controll them. A strategic view! Think of it as a build mode-like camera, except that it's faster to move around, and if you click any of your fleet's ships, a drop-down menu would appear with commands, for ex. Follow me, attack my target and so on. Of course, this shouldn't be too expanded, as Starmade isn't a strategy game. BTW, I just found that Schema firstly thought about making a real-time strategy instead of what we know today as Starmade. The more you know lol.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    A form of strategy map would indeed be beneficial. I often find myself having trouble getting an overview, or effectively maneouvering when in combat. It's very easy to lose track of targets or allies. Less so when you have voice-communication and a stealthed scout out in the field keeping track of the coordinates.. But, generally, it remains quite chaotic.

Reaction score
    starmade would likely function better as a strategy game like this than a shooter, could you imagine commanding a fleet homeworld or eve style from the decks of your battle-cruiser? this likely wouldn't be hard to implement with the current and planned game mechanics and it wouldn't break or make any current mechanics obsolete.

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    starmade would likely function better as a strategy game like this than a shooter, could you imagine commanding a fleet homeworld or eve style from the decks of your battle-cruiser? this likely wouldn't be hard to implement with the current and planned game mechanics and it wouldn't break or make any current mechanics obsolete.
    Like Homeworld except with an option to control your flagship directly lol.

Reaction score
    another benefit to having a homeworld style view is that you can command swarms of fighters, making them less obsolete and giving smaller ships more combat effectiveness

Reaction score
    Adding a pause button to single-player would add to this I think, too.

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Honestly, I didn't expect such a positive feedback!

Status
    Not open for further replies.