Advanced Build Mode - Remove Mode

Reaction score
    I Would like to see remove mode modified so that if you to select ( "C" ) an item and have remove mode check off, that it would only remove the block type selected. That way you can selectively gut out say antimatter cannons without gutting out the other blocks around it.

Reactions: Malacodor

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    All remove mode does is invert the selection box and change its colours... just graphical stuff :u
    Would be a nice feature but its not gonna be all that easy to implement -w-

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Erm, what if I am placing cannons with a computer connected and try to remove some extra?

Reaction score
    Personally I believe this would make great sense to add due to the up comming changes to the weapon systems and new block types.

Also to reply to the about post above. I usually using add not remove when adding in weapons to my weapon systems.

Reaction score
    CyberTao, How would it not be easy to implement? It simply checks for the selected block's ID, and then compares to blocks that you right-click. I don't see how that would be difficult... but I don't know how the code is structured for StarMade.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    The problem is getting an interface to do it simply and easily. I suspect that SMEdit will be able to implement this functionality (since it has dropdown menus and whatnot, but not the actual game.

Reaction score
    To make it better than simply deleting all of one type of block, couldn't the system for weapon/door co-ordinates in the structure tab be used? If you could go into 'structure' and could select one of your AMC batteries for example, from the drop down list, then it was all highlighted for deletion.