Advanced Build Mode: Drag Select Feature

Blaza612

The Dog of Dissapointment
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Often times, when devouring a massive station, I have noticed that it is a pain to harvest all of the blocks easily, so I suggest that there be a way in advanced build mode, to Click 'n' Hold 'n' Drag from one block to the other, creating a 3D selection cube, as if it were an RTS, but in Starmade. The blocks selected could either be replaced, deleted or copied, allowing larger areas than 10x10x10 to be copied. This would speed up the building process significantly and allow people to very conveniently do otherwise repetitive and boring tasks.

Hopefully I got the message through properly, this was kind of hard to explain. :p

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    you can increase the size of the advanced build mode upper limits in the server cfg. Although be warned, doing 100X100X100 box operations can have adverse consequences

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    Hm, it might be useful but for 3D area boxes it can be tricky to implement, and probably just be really frustrating to use accurately. I would like to stick with the sliders, maybe adding keybinds to alter them without moving your mouse is better although I'm not sure about that.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Just (not replace sliders but) add x2, x4, x8, x16 shortcut links.
    I have a suggestion about this:
    • 1 click to change all 3 dimensions.
    • Box aligns to xyz%2,4,8,16 instead of xyz%2 (% is the modulo operator in Java).
    This alone would help a lot not only while salvaging.