[Admin commands] Any dialog NPC

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I recently looked into the /creature_script function.
    It looks like we can add any script in the correct folder (StarMade\data\script)
    Select the concerned NPC with F, and type /creature_script "thescriptyouwant"
    npc-trading-guild.lua is the shop's NPC spawner script (usefull to buy troops in your own base).

So I wanted to edit a script to set the dialog options I want for NPCs (bar, guards, workers). But this is quite painful. For now, I just have a template of script: the NPC has a text dialog when you press R on him, and a button to leave dialog AND it actually works ^^. It have one variable: the NPC's name. There may be more I don't know. I just kept this one from the existing script.

Here is the script.
    Code:
    function create(dialogObject, bindings)
      dSysClass = luajava.bindClass( "org.schema.game.common.data.player.dialog.DialogSystem" );
      dSysFactoryClass = luajava.bindClass( "org.schema.game.common.data.player.dialog.DialogStateMachineFactory" );
      dSysEntryClass = luajava.bindClass( "org.schema.game.common.data.player.dialog.DialogStateMachineFactoryEntry" );
      hookClass = luajava.bindClass( "org.schema.game.common.data.player.dialog.DialogTextEntryHookLua" );

dSys = luajava.newInstance( "org.schema.game.common.data.player.dialog.DialogSystem", dialogObject );

print(dSys);

factory = dSys:getFactory(bindings);
      hook = luajava.newInstance( "org.schema.game.common.data.player.dialog.DialogTextEntryHookLua", "hookFunc", {} );

entry = luajava.newInstance( "org.schema.game.common.data.player.dialog.TextEntry",
      "Bonsoir, client.\n" ..
      "Je m'apelle ".. dialogObject:getConverationParterName() ..".\n"..
      "Ce sera quoi?"..
      "\n"
      , 2000 );
      factory:setRootEntry(entry);

dSys:add(factory)

return dSys

--frame = luajava.newInstance( "org.schema.game.common.data.player.dialog.DialogSystem", "Texts" );
    --frame:test()
    end
    This a bartender's dialog. Just edit this part to make him say whatever you want:

"Bonsoir, client.\n" ..
    "Je m'apelle ".. dialogObject:getConverationParterName() ..".\n"..
    "Ce sera quoi?"..
    "\n"

Write only between the " and the \n are return to line.

Reaction score
    Unless you're French, that looks more like 'classy wine tasting man' conversation more than barman conversation.
    I can't script so this is my best attempt:
    "Alright, mate.\n" ..
    "ay up lad, what'l it be?".. dialogObject:getConverationParterName() ..".\n"..
    "Pint."..
    "\n"
    Just kidding. Good script, we will hopefully see better NPC's in the future. But not wine tasters.

Reactions: mgwerner and Mariux

Master1398

Keep calm and quit raging
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I also have a script. It has three variables:

dialogObject:getEntity():getName() //This one gives the name of the player who talks to the npc
    dialogObject:getConverationParterName() //This one gives the name of the npc
    dialogObject:getConverationPartnerFactionName() //This one gives the name of the faction to which the npc belongs

I quess there is also a variable that gives the faction of the player who talks to the npc.
    A npc with this script just greets the player and tells him who he(the npc) is and to which faction he belongs:
    Code:
      print(bindings)
      print(dialogObject)
      dSysClass = luajava.bindClass( "org.schema.game.common.data.player.dialog.DialogSystem" );
      dSysFactoryClass = luajava.bindClass( "org.schema.game.common.data.player.dialog.DialogStateMachineFactory" );
      dSysEntryClass = luajava.bindClass( "org.schema.game.common.data.player.dialog.DialogStateMachineFactoryEntry" );
      hookClass = luajava.bindClass( "org.schema.game.common.data.player.dialog.DialogTextEntryHookLua" );
      dSys = luajava.newInstance( "org.schema.game.common.data.player.dialog.DialogSystem", dialogObject );
      print(dSys);

hook = luajava.newInstance( "org.schema.game.common.data.player.dialog.DialogTextEntryHookLua", "hookFunc", {} );

entry = luajava.newInstance( "org.schema.game.common.data.player.dialog.TextEntry",
      "Greetings, ".. dialogObject:getEntity():getName() .."\n\n" ..
      "My name is ".. dialogObject:getConverationParterName() ..", and I'm a member of ".. dialogObject:getConverationPartnerFactionName() ..".\n"
      , 2000 );

return dSys

--frame = luajava.newInstance( "org.schema.game.common.data.player.dialog.DialogSystem", "Texts" );
    end

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I also have a script. It has three variables:

dialogObject:getEntity():getName() //This one gives the name of the player who talks to the npc
    dialogObject:getConverationParterName() //This one gives the name of the npc
    dialogObject:getConverationPartnerFactionName() //This one gives the name of the faction to which the npc belongs

I quess there is also a variable that gives the faction of the player who talks to the npc.
    A npc with this script just greets the player and tells him who he(the npc) is and to which faction he belongs:
    Code:
      print(bindings)
      print(dialogObject)
      print(dSys);

"Greetings, ".. dialogObject:getEntity():getName() .."\n\n" ..
      "My name is ".. dialogObject:getConverationParterName() ..", and I'm a member of ".. dialogObject:getConverationPartnerFactionName() ..".\n"
      , 2000 );

return dSys

end
    Nice to share
    I'll try do make a simple script to say some text just like now but have a button to hire crew (seems I can even set the price I want). I want to give it to a "security chief" NPC who say something like "Everything is fine, commander" and I would ask him if I need a security squad

Reactions: Master1398
    Reaction score
    Fantastic, I have not really played around with the NPC crew yet but that gives me some ideas.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Now for a finite state engine that starts up a 'real' conversation.
    It seems the framework is there. ;)

Greets,

Jan