adding some depth into the deep space

Reaction score
    this may be a far future suggestion, I don't expect anything like this to happen anytime soon, but you should really consider it.

what I mean by adding depth, is fleshing out characteristics of different parts of the universe

I'll give you a good example of this.

You travel far away , maybe fifteen solar systems from your home system, and you notice the space around you changing, you can feel the grim atmosphere of this far-away corner of the galaxy, sight of a planet is becoming rarer and rarer by each sector, you start to see a subtle red tint in the black darkness that surrounds your ship, and now, you stumble upon a floating shipwreck, "whatever done this ship in, I don't want it to be aware of my presence, *engage cloaking device*"

some time later

You fell asleep eight hours ago, maybe you were lucky to have left your autopilot cloaking device active, as you look around in your cockpit, you notice that the red tint is gone, you must already have passed this system while you were asleep, and now you can see a small, lone planet emerging from the distance, your radar picks up several beacon signals, you say to yourself "There may be life" and proceed to investigate the situation

this is my picture of how it should be when travelling the universe in starmade, in future

Reaction score
    I\'d be very happy with more atmospheric elements.

Think of nebulas, asteroids, and particles actually changing when you fly through em, like in Freelancer.

\'Hidden\' jumpholes that go from sector to sector might be a cool one too.

There is really lots of stuff that can be done to make space a more interesting place to explore in the game.

Reaction score
    I think adding black holes into the game

would make this game a whole lot more challeging

and also adding in worm holes to travel to different sectors quicker

Reaction score
    Technically, Black Holes and Worm Holes are the same thing. But it\'s still a massively great idea. Also the addition of White Holes, that are the opposite of Black Holes. And having something RIDICULOUSLY expensive (I\'m thinking 100 Mil and up) that can create a very small Black/Worm/White Hole.

Reaction score
    Jeklig, no they are not the same, some older science fiction suggests that but the most of the current science fiction says otherwise

Reaction score
    different objects. Right now, every sector has the same even distribution of planets and asteroids, and the same chance for shops and stations to spawn. What I would like to see is some sectors being an asteroid field nightmare with no planets, some being competely empty and true \"deep space\" with no natural objects but more likely to have pirate space stations due to their remoteness, and so on. The \"standard\" sector that we have now could still exist, and be where shops are, as a sort of middle ground and starting area, but it doesn\'t make sense for the entire universe to be an even distribution of asteroids, planets, and space stations.

Also, stop spawning planets in systems with no star. That\'s just silly.

Reaction score
    Stop spawning planets in systems with no star. That\'s just silly

well actualy there are that many starless planets that we already saw several pass distant stars. But on the other hand, they shouldn\'t be orbiting anything

Reaction score
    Agree with everything you said, would add so much to the game imo.

I\'d also love it if systems became much smaller, and sectors quite a bit larger.

2hu

Reaction score
    But those planets weren\'t in a system. The starless planets in-game don\'t fly across the map.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I agree with everything Morhe just said. I\'d also love to see some more colour in the backgrounds, instead of the mostly black baclground we get now. I know it\'s more realistic to just have some white points of heaven speckling our canvas of black void, but it\'s not especially appealing. I don\'t mean to sound negative. It\'s a great game overall. But some colour, some nebulae, some black hole (which would realisticly have a visible blue disk of light), SOMEthing would be nice.

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    It\'d be great if things like nebulas and the such were explorable. You see a nebula in the distance and you fly across the sectors to investigate it. Space is very much what\'s that thing over there very far away let\'s go out there to explore. Denser asteroid fields randomly around a star would be cool, and perhaps gas giants that players could use to mask their signal as they orbit around