Adding blocks, textures, etc

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I was wondering how, if possible at the moment, and how hard/easy it would be, to create totally new blocks. And a few other questions. I didn't really find much by looking around some.

1: Create plain decorative blocks?

1a: blocks with a little animation like a blinking light?

2: Create a new rotation or angle for the corner slabs?

3: Create a new type of wedge/corner piece? Such as a smaller wedge.

3a: Where wedges/corners even are in the files?

4: How to make/set up a texture to use with new block?

5: How to get new blocks to work in multiplayer? Is it just getting the other people playing with me to download the files I have and into the right files?

6: For retextureing existing blocks, do you just edit the t000 image or is it something weird you do with t002?

6a: If not the latter, what is t002 even for? I'v seen it used for textures of a mod adding new blocks.

7: Could you add your new block to factory recipes or at least the shop? If you can make new blocks in the first place; how?

8: How come I get a null-pointer-exception anytime I try to run a mod or texture someone on here made?

I'v messed with the block editor but either I'm doing it wrong or it doesn't work, because no matter what file I save it to and select it from I get an error in singleplayer and multiplayer(I'v tried the main folder, almost all in server-skins/database, and client-skins/database). I know I'v seen a couple people with mods they made of new blocks, not just textures.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

fire219

1200° Plasma
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    To make a block that is anymore than decoration, you would need to write java code to plug into the main starmade code. I can\'t help with that however.

If you do get a working mod, it would have to be distributed to all players on the server AND the server itself. Also, I think that the t000 and t002 files are for animated textures. Not sure on that, however.