Add faction block functionality to normal ship cores.

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Basically, what the title says. make it possible to protect ships without a faction module, because as it currently is, it is terrible for small fighters:
    1) It can cost around half the price of some small ships
    2) If placed straight in front of a ship core, it can make a nearly-impenetrable barrier which ruins fights between small ships.

Even better, make it possible to "personal" protect ships. This option would allow you to lock ships without making them accessible to your whole faction. Furthermore, it would help to get rid of one-player-factions which players make just to protect their ships.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    faction module cost less. most ships have some sort of weapon that does over 100 damage and you can always go around the faction module

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    they cost 1000 defult credits
    they are still pretty tought tho but thats y we have heat seakers. to go AROUND the faction block or just plain out blow it to hell

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    But what if I'm using a tiny fighter that can't have heatseekers fitted in?

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    A small fighter can't be expected to do everything. If you have a pair of cannons for rapid fire, disconnect them to slowly take down the faction module. You might need to tack on some more cannon blocks to edge them over 100 damage per shot. It's a slow process, yes, but that's the price of a small craft. The new HP system will probably change this dynamic, so stay tuned.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I like this idea. It frees up an ID and server faction lists

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    A possible problem:
    How would you enter a ship core if R activates this menu?

How would you ever capture a ship if you can't kill the faction block?​

A probably better idea:

Set faction over menu only sets faction, not enforce permissions (fly, etc).

If at least one factory permission block (currently makes thing available to public) is present, permissions are enforced.
    Theft-notify-distance (ship <-> player) = (factory permission block count)^5​

You can disable the global permission-enforcement by causing a power-outage with a ship firing weapons with EMP-effect
    You can board ships then but your ship has to continue fire EMP (with a delay-not clock or an ally player).​

Password-logic could add an additional security layer for those who want and can afford it.​

If you have a ship that small that it can't afford to enforce permissions, it is probably not worth capturing it.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    if your using a tiny fighter that cant have heat seakers fitted in then you shouldnt be trying to blow up a ship with a faction module as you are still too weak for that
    invest in a corvette at least before taking on most faction module protected ships
    ( or do as i do and throw all you got at it with sheild beams and mine along with tractor beams)
    i can pretty much take out a titan with a few fighters given like 5 minutes and someone with crappy aim in the titan.... heat seakers to eat the turrets first tho.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    A faction modules costs 1000 by default now. If that's half the cost of your ship, well...