Acctivation block/wiring system

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hey! I was placing lights and doors on my vessal when thougt about that... I imagined a very simpatique way to use "wire system" in this game and would really and more fun and complex.

The idea that i am thinking is: An activation block or switch that when actived, all the asosied block "V" get actived/desactived. Ex: chose "C" the switch, asosiate "V" it with lights and doors than when activing the switch/ activation block, it open light and doors or anything like that. the concept is being able to active things that are not close, multiple action in once, and much more!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I was thinking along similar lines.

Note: The phrase \"connection\" refers to the standard c and v key connection system, not block adjacency.

My idea adds:

-\"Dark Lights\"

-\"Forward Timing Circuits\"

-the ability to connect lights to eachother and plex doors

Connecting lights to lights:

A light will take on the state of whatever it is connected to. Lights can be connected to Dark Lights, Lights, and Doors. A light will be able to connect to multiple other Dark Lights, Lights, and Doors. If a Light, or Door could take on multiple states, it will default to \"on\". Doors will be able to be connected to lights as well, but not directly to other doors. Just one door block being connected will update the whole door. The whole door is \"on\" biased, not just the individual door blocks. Closed will be \"on\" and open will be \"off\".

All Lights, Dark Lights, and Doors are also allowed one connection to a Forward Timing Circuit.

Dark Lights:

Unlike normal lights, Dark Lights take on the opposite state of whatever they are connected to. If they could take on multiple states, they will be \"off\" instead of \"on\". Their default state (when placed) is \"off\".

Forward Timing Circuits:

Lights will not take on the state of whatever they are connected to on their own. A Forward Timing Circuit block is required. This block cannot be \"on\" or \"off\". It simply pulses once every so often (1/10th of a second, perhaps?). This pulse will force whatever is connected to it to update. This block is simply to provide timing and avoid the lag caused by infinite loops.

This idea will add a \"redstone like element\" to the game of starmade and allow for much user creativity, even allowing things like \"control panels\" for doors and station lights and \"security rooms\" in bunkers. It allows for full logic gate simulation, and opens literally endless possibilities. One possibility is an array of lights that will toggle whenever one a single light block of that array is toggled, essentially creating one big light. It also allows for puzzles.

Something else that could be added along with this is \"security doors\". Security doors have more armor and hitpoints than regular doors and act just like regular doors, but can\'t be toggled with a docking beam or by pressing r. This along with the ability to create puzzles means that it\'s possible to actually create \"puzzle maps\" out of stations. Of course, it would have to be set to faction home to avoid the whole punch throught the wall tactic, but it still offers huge possibilities.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I agree, StarMade needs fuel resource for ships!

---------------------------------

http://www.womencostume.co.uk/