About the big radar display...

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    There's a setting for the radar display in the upper-right of the screen that makes it larger and easier to read. The trouble is it covers the top half of the speed and power meters. I really like the big radar but I really need to see my other instruments too. How about a fully-resizable radar that we can click and drag? Maybe Schema can even come up with something better.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5

Left in the picture is what we have now.

• main window
    • small mini-map
    I have never seen any game that reduces the main-window size and draws the mini-map around it (as seen Right in the picture)

Imagine 8 points which mark the corners of the mini-map and visible area ON the mini-map.
    Then you

• stretch the outer 4 points to the window edges
    • vertically or horizontally shrink the triangles to magnify the inner area (visible area) defined by the inner 4 points
    • or use h|v shrink the 4 border rectangles and h+v shrink the edges.
    Your view could be a magnified part of the minimap. That wouldn't mess with any other UI elements and I think it's nice to have as an option.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    You can go into starmade/data/config/gui directory and edit HudConfig.xml (I use notepad to open cuz its easier to edit)

Now I use the startrek voyager gui with vertical bars so you may have to tweak a bit but ....

under

<PowerBar> change <Offset>-115 to 185
    <SpeedBar> change <Offset>-100 to 170

this will clear the large radar

if you want to balance out the other side the changes to <Offset> are

<ShieldBar> 100 to 155
    <ShipHPBar> 124 to 185
    <ShipArmorHPBar> 115 to 170

Like I said some tweaking may be required depending on your GUI scheme and screen rez.

Once you have your HudConfig.xml the way you want it save a copy because for some unknown reason even if there are no changes to HudConfig every update overwrites it.