About Pi

Reaction score
    • Arrrty Gold
    I'm almost sure many don't know me, so I'll introduce myself in hopes of bringing light to that.

The name's Pi. Call me Pie and I'll gut ya. I create and curate art within the community. My main focus within the game is not logic, not optimal builds for reactors, not weapons systems, but rather aesthetics. I'd rather focus on making a ship pretty and bright than making them powerful and stealthy. It's quite irrational (Hah~!) to do so in a game like Starmade where building the best fighting ship is necessary to survive, but what can I say, I'm an art person.

My hope for the game is to give it attention to detail, decoration and more flashy lights. If your ship is going down, I'll make sure it goes down in style.

If you have questions, I'm not going anywhere.

Reactions: SkylordLuke
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    I'm almost sure many don't know me, so I'll introduce myself in hopes of bringing light to that.

The name's Pi. Call me Pie and I'll gut ya. I create and curate art within the community. My main focus within the game is not logic, not optimal builds for reactors, not weapons systems, but rather aesthetics. I'd rather focus on making a ship pretty and bright than making them powerful and stealthy. It's quite irrational (Hah~!) to do so in a game like Starmade where building the best fighting ship is necessary to survive, but what can I say, I'm an art person.

My hope for the game is to give it attention to detail, decoration and more flashy lights. If your ship is going down, I'll make sure it goes down in style.

If you have questions, I'm not going anywhere.
    1.when did you discover you like art? for example I was 7 when my teacher said my drawing was amazing,and since then im drawing like crazy.
    2.how did you discover starmade,and what made you stay?
    3.if there was one thing you could add to starmade right now,what would it be?
    4.do you believe in our lord and saviour Dalmont?

Reaction score
    • Arrrty Gold
    1.when did you discover you like art? for example I was 7 when my teacher said my drawing was amazing,and since then im drawing like crazy.
    Fourth grade, when I was around 8 or 9. It was during a school event where students from different classrooms would compete in art contests and such. No one in the class came front, so I volunteered.

I won.

2.how did you discover starmade,and what made you stay?
    In an IRC channel for a sandbox-like FPS game called Ace of Spades (The classic version. The steam version sucks ass). Some players were talking about Starmade and got interested. Played the game, loved it, and have failed at it ever since. :3

3.if there was one thing you could add to starmade right now,what would it be?
    One in the top of my list would be better door sliding mechanisms. The current "disappearing blocks" thing, I find, is extremely tacky and boring to watch. I understand some door animations are possible with logic, but even those are stutter-y and buggy. Perhaps with rails update it will be possible to make smoother door animations, but I was hoping for a block, or blocks, dedicated to door sliding mechanisms to obviate the required logic.

4.do you believe in our lord and saviour Dalmont?
    Fuck yeah hail dalmont

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Have you considered creating shuttles? I like my shuttles stunning. As it happens I'm looking for a 3-10 person shuttle for a build I'm doing of a battle cruiser. I'm no good at aesthetics currently, but I hope to improve on a server

Reaction score
    • Arrrty Gold
    Have you considered creating shuttles? I like my shuttles stunning. As it happens I'm looking for a 3-10 person shuttle for a build I'm doing of a battle cruiser. I'm no good at aesthetics currently, but I hope to improve on a server

I call them dropships and yes, I've built quite a number of those. I mostly specialize in small ships (Light frigates, dropships, scouts and drones), though I await the time when satellite-like entities can be created in Starmade. I'd love to build some fancy radar satellites ASAP.