Ability for some manufactiring "items" to be added to ships

Should manufacturing items be implemented in ship construction?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Hey guys, this was an idea I had when I was doing something on multiplayer. As we all know, manufacturing items cannot be put on a ship. Overall, this includes everything from paint to factories to computer chips.
    what I am suggesting is a bit of a compromise. It has been discussed that factories should not be added to ships,
    and I agree. However, what about those amazing oversized computer chips and paint cans? could these not be added into ship construction? (and yet still be in the manufacturing category?) With the ability to add computer chips and paint cans as a sprite (a.k.a plants and rocks), players would be able do awesome things like build faux piping and have fancy-looking computer rooms in their ships. Overall, if you like the idea, please comment what you think. The poll closes after a period of about 3 months, so vote while you can!

Reactions: Tacotown99
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    We can already place these objects down on stations, I don't see why we cannot do the same on a ship, when placed they are purely decorative.

Reaction score
    I use them all the time for decorations on my bases, It's annoying to be unable to place them on ships. They don't have any functional purpose anyways.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I agree. The fact that you can put them on stations as a decorative block makes it annoying. This is why I would like this put into effect.

Zeveryn

The Devious Traitor
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I suppose it would be Nice for some to have that option. But it isnt really important at the moment

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    You are right about it not being important, as decorative blocks have never had any priority in Starmade. However, as I have previously stated,
    some may find it annoying that you cannot put them on ships. This is why I ask that someone higher up might want to debate adding them to ships. As far as I can see, there are several upsides and very little downside to being able to add them to ships. The importance of which would be as complicated as being able to add them to ships...however you code that. I don't know how that works out or that it can even be done. All I know is that they are the only sprite-looking blocks that currently cannot be added to ships.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I suppose it would be Nice for some to have that option. But it isnt really important at the moment
    Important? No, definitely not, but it's probably a single line to change somewhere so I doubt it will really detract away from the important aspects of the game and if we don't push for it than it may go unnoticed.

Reactions: Ithirahad