A57 Voidsys Hornet

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hello forum-goers,

This is my first upload to the screenshot thread. I have been building a small fleet of my own ships, which I shall attempt to feature little-by-little as I manage to take screenies of them. This first represents a heavy assault fighter that I built with medium-capacity fighter shields and eight powerful AM cannons.

Disclaimer: when many of you see the statistics, your first thought might be "rubbish." The truth is, I am not into powerbuilding but am instead focused on crossing aesthetics and rugged functionality. And, I am focused on creating craft roles (interceptor, scout, patrol, fighter, assault, bomber, etc.). The prime reason for the meager statistics is that I intend on replacing all the blueprints in my folder with my craft, which I am attempting to play-balance against each other. Because the combat in this game is currently unbalanced (no fault of the game, as it is still in alpha), I am attempting to maintain some semblance of balance within my ship lists.

So, without further ado, enter my first submission: the A57 Hornet. I hope you enjoy!

NOTE: The paint on my ships is not purely aesthetic. For every sub-corvette class craft, there is one 2m-wide stripe in the color of the craft class. Additional 1m-wide stripes of the same color each represent another decade that a craft has been in service. For now, the colors are:
    Yellow - Assault/Fighter
    Green - Support
    Blue - Utility
    Purple - Bomber
    Black - Stealth
    Red - Scout/Interceptor
    This is all only for the little 'historical' background I give my ships. It's geeky, but I like to flesh out my universe. :)

Also, as most of the stats in-game are unlabelled, I attempted to substitute my idea of appropriate units.

-----

A-57 Voidsys Hornet
    Role: Heavy Assault Craft
    Service: 27 Earth Years

Born from the fires the Voidsys civil war, the A-57 Hornet was developed with alternative anti-capital ship firepower in mind. While traditional anti-capital craft specialized in long-range warfare using heavy-hitting cruise missiles, many capital-class vessels were destroyed or heavily damaged during the extended melees in the early war. As slow-moving SB-BB missiles were inefficient during close-range battles, the Trading Guild developed a entirely new type of craft.

Equipped with eight primary AM cannons and four fast-moving SB-KB heat-seeker emplacements to ward off enemy fighters, this new ship could easily engage enemy strikecraft squadrons as well as participate in large-vessel strafing runs. Sporting 20 capable hyperflux coil thrusters, the Hornet is able to majestically ride into battle, conquer, and achieve victory every time.

Statistics:
    Thrust: 61.8 N
    Mass: 72.0 tons
    Shields: 5865 MJ (84 MJ/sec)
    Power: 20,000 MJ (1849.7 MJ/sec)

------