A simple and effective method for traversing between decks on large ships

Reaction score
    After building a large multilevel ship and finding that I had to make a system of ramps to go about the floors, I began to think that maybe there were better ways to tackle the issue of traversing decks in larger ships. I came to the idea of a sort of "ladder" block that, when one pushes themselves against it, lifts the person up according to the gravitational field they are in at the time. If they are not in the influence of gravity, it will do nothing and maybe notify the player of this. I'd imagine implementation would be fairly straightforward compared to other, less practical alternatives, and such a feature would make building larger ships with proper interiors not a nightmare.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    be able to place downwards plexlifts :c

Ladder still cool though. There\'s no point in automatically lifting the player, that\'d be the same as a working plexift on the ship, might as well have that... no?

I think player should be able to move up or down against ladder, simply enough.

Reaction score
    PlexLifters work a bit differently from what I have observed. When activated, they produce an entity that moves at a constant speed upwards that \"pushes\" the player along. This means that if a player falls off, he plummets to the bottom of the lifter. With the solution I outlined, you would just be forcing yourself against the face of the block, which would move you to the next block up relative to your respective gravity field. There\'s no need to interconnect the ladder blocks or have them recognize chains of themselves. They\'d be fully contained in separate blocks.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I support the idea of ladders for free movements, but I\'d like plex lifters to be upgraded as energy using movement dealing with all directions. A bit like Star Trek\'s Trubolifts.

Ideally, Plex Lifters should be placeable with an orientation to travel up/down/left/right/forward/backwards.

Add a behaviour when reaching a \"corner\" that spawns a new platform going in the new orientation.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Or, since we\'re able to move in any direction, \'rungs\' that allow you to move up/down/left/right quickly in 0G, depending on which way you\'re pointing.