Recognized A multitude of new and reused ideas!

Reaction score
    Hello, and welcome to my suggestion thread! This thread will be used to suggest additions to already existing and planned features, as well as some new ones that I thought of!
    -----------------
    Fauna: Just a suggestion, maybe something like the flood, as in it infects ships and controls them? Of course they would have to be nerfed in some ways, so how about only spawning near wormholes or other anomalies, starting with a single small ship that travels through them, only being able to infect a ship if successfully attaching to them or using a weapon after the soon-to-be infected ship takes a certain amount of damage?
    Npc factions: Maybe something like the trading guild Or another faction turning into something like the VEGA corporation from Vega Conflict where they demand resources and attack those not willing to give them up? Meh, just a scratch of thought.
    Improved spatial entities and their effects: Maybe black holes can have a visible horizon line to distinguish them from wormholes better? Or physical stars? These will be used in another of my ideas
    New weapons: Mass drivers, they could be used like a timed planet gravitational field or black hole with low damage. Or electron scramblers, these could be used to, for a short time, make the hostile ship unable to do anything. This could be used to target certain systems as well.

That will be my ideas for this post, due to a bug in my browser, more will be in the next. Thank you for looking at my suggestions!

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Fauna* planned
    Npc Factions* planned
    Artifacts (such as derelict ships/ancient modules)
    Improved spatial entities/effects*
    New weapons* Planned
    Different types of thrusters Likely with capital ship cores
    New types of power* likely with capital ship cores
    New types of planets planned

https://trello.com/b/9Kg5Jn6g/starmade-roadmap
    Please read this before suggesting as many of these ideas are in fact on the roadmap for 2016.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Things I would like to see:
    Fauna*
    Npc Factions*
    New weapons*
    Different types of thrusters
    New types of power*
    New types of planets
    Planned, planned, planned,planned, planned, maybe, maybe, planned.

Likely with capital ship cores
    AFAIK capital ships will not have a separate core, they will be normal ships with advanced capital ship modules.

Reactions: SkylordLuke
    Reaction score
    Fauna* planned
    Npc Factions* planned
    New weapons* Planned
    Different types of thrusters Likely with capital ship cores
    New types of power* likely with capital ship cores
    New types of planets planned

https://trello.com/b/9Kg5Jn6g/starmade-roadmap
    Please read this before suggesting as many of these ideas are in fact on the roadmap for 2016.
    I have, in fact, read the road map before making this thread, but I don't recall a mining corp out to steal your resources in there... This is just a thread to expand upon certain ideas, to an extent, and mark interesting things I didn't see, although I will edit that post just to make it suggesting soon. But thank you for making sure i did know of the roadmap.
    Onto post 2, compressed:
    Wormhole generators:
    Pros: Produces five times as much power as reactors, allows more space aboard ships, more useful wormholes.
    Cons: Expensive modules, requires much power storage, only chargeable near wormholes, disables jump and thrust systems while active.
    Intraspace travel:
    Pros: Inable to be damaged by most outside forces, 10-12 normal space sectors every intra- sector, easy to use, good to deter attackers, is ship is recoverable if successfully travels through black hole/wormhole, one module, able to exit whenever, when reaches destination auto exits.
    Cons: Must be crafted with rare and expensive items, must orbit stars; slingshot black holes successfully; or conjuctly use this and wormhole generators, must avoid more frequent celestial bodies, can be followed, takes increasing damage over time rendering stations and bases impossible, exiting without reaching destination (except for successfully travelling through now rare wormholes) causes the ship to take 10% of it's health as damage.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Planned, planned, planned,planned, planned, maybe, maybe, planned.

AFAIK capital ships will not have a separate core, they will be normal ships with advanced capital ship modules.
    interesting

Reaction score
    Post 3:
    Npc: Maybe a liquid enemy, similar to the creeper from the creeper world series? Of course this would have to be nerfed in some way... How about only being able to travel by small, weaponless ships and only targeting stations within 5 sectors of an emitter? And if the ship is destroyed before boarding it can only survive for so long, along with the fact that most of the creeper must land on the station or a passing ship for an emitter to form? Of course, this will have to wait until liquid gets released.