Suggestion A more social starmade dock

Would you like a more social starmade dock?

• Yes

Votes: 10 83.3%
    • No

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    I was a little disappointed when I saw the new site to see it was, dumbed down, a new forum software and a new theme. I was hoping a more social oriented site. Despite the fact I never actually suggested it, I was still disappointed, so here is my post :)

Currently, following someone seems to have no effect other than seeing their avatar when they are online. I propose changing the sites homepage from the current news feed to an activity page, allowing us to see when people we follow do things, like post a new thread, reply to a thread, post on someones profile or make their own post. Make the site more like a social network. It would make it easier to discover content that people we follow like, issues they care about, and all in all, promote a much more social community. To counteract the loss of the news page, just make it an important post in the activity section that lingers at the top of the feed for a few days, and then slowly makes it way down when removed from the top.

This is just my idea. I have no clue of the possibility as I have no web development knowledge other than applying themes and plugins to wordpress.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Point the cursor over Your name (top right corner of the site) and small window will pop-up. Then click "Yours News Feed" and You will see all the activity of the people You are following.

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Work for a more social forums was being worked on (by myself), I will continue to work on this until (unofficially) until I am done.

• Profile Banners (Done)
    • Medals Community/Game (Being worked on)
    • Advanced Post Rating system (Being worked on)
    • Forum chat system (Passed onto main site)
    • Contests (On hold, passed on)