A few thoughts

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Don't know if any of these are new and unique, but to be honest, I don't have a couple of hours to comb through this enormous Forum, hope that's ok.

PLANETS

-It'd be a nice touch if the planets had some variance in size, maybe from 1/4 to 3x the size of the current ones. The small ones could maybe be moons...

-A mountainous planet, or extreme features would be cool. A big craterscape, or something like Olympos Mons of Mars would be dramatic.

-I know critters are planned, but I can imagine ruins, aliens, pirate bases, all sorts of interesting or challenging things populating them. Variable gravity and hostile or friendly environments and atmosphere... All sorts of places a designer could go with these planets.

SHIPS

-The ship core thing is cool, but limiting in design terms. It would be good to have something like a "docking cube" that could be placed on the exterior of a large ship, so that any size creation could be docked to a station without exposing the core.

-I don't know if it's practical to imitate a Minecraft process in Starmade, but I remember Kaevator's slopes mod handling orientation of sloped blocks almost transparently. They'd go down almost intuitively, according to which existing block you clicked on. However it's done, there's got to be a better way.

-I'd like to be able to arrange the weapons in banks, especially when it comes to missiles. I'm imagining having, for example, four missile batteries which could be ready to launch independent of one another. This might make combat a bit more interesting.

-Also, don't know if it's practical, but maybe a way to manipulate shield strength, all power to forward sheilds, that sorta thing?

Anyway, I've already had far more than six bucks worth of fun with this game, which is still in Alpha. Thanks a ton, guys!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    different waves of missiles are possible, you just need to connect them to 2 different missile cpus

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I liked your suggestion of a way to dock with a station without exposing the core (and making a big ugly crucifix of docking enhancers). However, I have an in-game solution that I developed. The trick is to create an open tube from a station for example 5x5, and a similarly size door on the side of your ship. Using a cockpit just outside the ship\'s ring, you can manuever the ring until it\'s flush with the station\'s. But here\'s the kicker! If you but studs on the station ring, you can ring a \"clamp\" out of plex doors that grabs onto the station ring and prevents your ship from gettting bumped away from the ring!

(sorry about pictures, couldn\'t figure out how to resize them)