A couple of ideas

Reaction score
    Hello everyone, I've been playing StarMade for a few days (I came at the same time as the yogscast players, however, unrelated). Here's a little list of things that I think would help make this game more awesome.

----Pirates----

First I should say that I do not think that pirates should randomly fly to you after some kind of timer and begin attacking your ship. The reason for this being that if you go Away From Keyboard (AFK), eventually enough pirates could amass to kill your ship. Not to mention you would need guards for larger builds, during the building. I think that pirates should roam the sectors, but their pathing AI should avoid sectors with players. This way a pirate couldn't randomly find you and start attacking you, but you could fly into the same sector pirates are flying in/to.

----Loot----

Pirate loot amount/value should scale to the amount of blocks it is in size or battle difficulty rating(BDR). Yes, I just made that up. But with your help, it could be a thing.

----OR----

Give players a way to create loot tables for their cataloged ships.

----Spawning----

Allow players to set a percentage chance of a spawn. I realize there is currently a fix for this by adding more copies of the blueprints into the cataloge-default folder, but, come on, get real. No.

Create an algorithm to calculate ship battle difficulty and allow more difficult ships to spawn more often the further away from (0,0,0) you are. I have not gone too far away from the spawn point, the most I've been is (50,50,50), just so people didn't mess with my ship while I logged for the night. So some tweaking may have to be done as you move into new systems.

----Fleets---- I'm not too sure about the fleet mechanics, or if there is a fleet mechanic, all I know is that I've been flying along and suddenly you're right in the middle of 10 pirate ships. Yikes!

----Customize Fleets---- Allow players to "build" a fleet in the cataloge menu. Should also include a percent change for spawning.

That's what I have for now, folks. I was only able to type up about 25% of all the things I'd like to see. Unfortunately I must go. I will continue to update this over the next day or so. Also, I realize the formatting looks like hell (I really tried, a few times actually), I will address this soon.

I would also greatly appreciate the input.