A Couple Miscellaneous Suggestions

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Hey guys I have a couple ideas that should make things overall a bit easier.

First and foremost, a proper GUI with easier to navigate menus and items. This game has progressed a ton since I started playing it about a year ago, but the starting menus haven't changed at all. Here's a couple suggestions:

• Menu navigation buttons or at least tabs so that it's easier to find graphics, sound, and game startup settings.
    • Tooltips for some of the complicated menu items. Since most people probably don't know what "VBO Bulk-Mode", "Texture Array MipMap", etc. is, why not create mouse over tooltips so that people don't accidentally change a setting that could damage their game or kill their computer.
    • Make a StarMade account required to play the game. Instead of having an uplink button with variable usernames, have a login button and use the StarMade usernames as In-Game Names. It'll make the menu that bit easier to use, and it'll help out server owners a TON.
    Finally, multiple universes allowed per launcher. Instead of copying over the starter to a new folder every time you want to transfer things to a new universe, why not give an option to create a new universe within that StarMade folder? Then, in the single player tab in the startup menu, just make a drop down box for which universe you want to load.

Hope you guys can add at least a couple of these things, thanks for reading!
    Any feedback/other ideas?

Last edited:
    Reactions: Lecic

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Last I checked, Uplinking was Logging in basically o- o once you use a name on a server that uses Authentication (Which is off by default, servers have to turn it on), It should lock that name to only that account yes?
    And you Do Save the IP of every server you visit (There's a Drop-down List in the IP:Host field)

Beta Menus and Multiple Universes sounds more like a Beta thing (With Multiple Universe only really being relevant with Modding methinks), But would be nice :p

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Last I checked, Uplinking was Logging in basically o- o once you use a name on a server that uses Authentication (Which is off by default, servers have to turn it on), It should lock that name to only that account yes?
    And you Do Save the IP of every server you visit (There's a Drop-down List in the IP:Host field)

Beta Menus and Multiple Universes sounds more like a Beta thing (With Multiple Universe only really being relevant with Modding methinks), But would be nice :p
    Oh I didn't even notice that the game save's the server's you've been on. :P The thing with the current uplink system is that you can change your username and still keep your stats. This get's really annoying on servers and can cause issues with factions.

PROTECTED_NAMES_BY_ACCOUNT = 10 //How many player names a player may protect with his account (if exceeded, the player name, that was logged in the longest time ago gets unprotected)

I see where you're coming from with the beta thing, but at what point is a game really considered beta (Besides when the devs say so)? They may be mostly for aesthetics, but I feel like it would still make the game that much more appealing, and still add a bit more functionality.

Thanks for the feedback!

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Methink It's beta after the core things are done (Creatures and critters, Lua Scripting), Once things like Custom AI factions and Custom Stations spawning start happening, I'd say its about time for the menus and such to be cleaned up.

Also, When you use a different Name, you are a different Player o -o I use 3 Names from time to time (CyberTao, Puddles, 80312) and each one of them keeps separate inventory and credits.
    I Except that to change eventually (Mainly cause I can use someone else name on a server, provided they were never on it before).

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    The settings menu is fine for now, but it really should be easier to have multiple universes. I use three: one for testing and ship building without pirate problems, one for testing my ships vs pirates and one to just play survival.